Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable

Old 07-30-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Unbelievable

Last night I am driving home about 8PM. Following my wife because we had to meet somewhere after work and shop. When we get home, she asks me if I saw that HUGE BUCK on the way home. I asked where and she told me that she flashed her signal lights and swerved so I would see her. Here is the worst part, I was looking hard for deer but on the other side of the road. Being the experienced deer hunter and scouting champion, I figured they would not be on that side of the road. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

Just wanted to post this because I am going deer crazy and would love to see more deer. It really bugged me too, so I went back where she saw it and nothing was there. I am never going to teach her to hunt, because she would probably get a huge buck wearing perfume and no camo while I saw nothing. Thanks for letting me vent and add some humor. Only 49 days left til bowhunting season!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Unbelievable

Hmmm I have the opposite problem, I can be driving 70 mph and spot a deer, point it out to my wife and even after I have stopped the truck half the time she still can't see them!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:01 AM

That's happened to me before too. Almost go off the road because I see a huge buck and my wife will be looking off the wrong way saying "I don't see anything". That frustrated me even more..
Old 07-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I get the "you can drive down the road 70 mph and pick out deer, and tell what thye are, but you can find the (insert household item here), that's laying right in front of your face"
Old 07-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

rybohunter, I thought I was the only one who had to listen to that one it's good to see I'm not alone.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:31 AM

This post reminds me of a good story about people having and not having the knack for spotting game. In my youth days of air rifle hunting for squirrels in Michigan, two buddies, one a hunter like me and one not so sharp. We were on a trail heading out of the woods when I spotted a big fox squirrel looking down at us from a limb about 30 feet up a tree, almost directly above us. I fired a quick shot and the squirrel fell. Turned out, my hunter buddy also shot. The squirrel had two pellet holes in its head about 1/2 inch apart. The non-hunter buddy never saw it until it hit him on the shoulder.

My wife frustrates me also by not seeing game I point out to her.

Jeff
Old 07-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yea I get the "you can drive down the road 70 mph and pick out deer, and tell what thye are, but you can find the (insert household item here), that's laying right in front of your face"
Heck I can't find a big jar of mayo when it is in the fridge door!!!![8D]
Old 08-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

I'll admit it took a while for me to see them too. As a youngster, hunting close to dear old Dad was the norm. I recall many a rifle hunt with the "there... do you see him?" remark was tossed my way. I laugh now, thinking of how hard I strained to make the buck out among the wooded backdrop. Only when the deer was about to bond off would he take my shoulder and puppet-master an anxious youngster into seeing what he saw. Thanks for the memories.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:20 PM

yea ive had tha same problem before but only when i was huntin at my grandmothers when a big 8pt came outta the woods & i didnt even see him until he was righ up on me & didnt allow a good shot but if ill see him again this year ill post some pics.......wow he was a pretty one
Old 08-02-2004, 08:03 AM

Only 49 days left til bowhunting season!!!!!!!
Mmmmm, I'm sorry that's 40 days here in Maine