Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this animal?  Game cam pic >

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Old 09-09-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is this animal? Game cam pic

I'm seriously confused as to how any of you can make that out to be a mountain lion.
The funny thing is. Many many people claim tosee Mountian Lions here in Kansas, every year. Even though I beleive there are a very few amount here, non-ever officially killed, most "possible" sitings are people thinking that they saw a mountain lion, when in reality, they saw a bobcat, house-cat, or dog. And this post says just that. Anybody that hasany understanding on what a bobcat looks like vs. a cougar, could easily identify it at a bobcat. No doubt... There is not one characteristic with that picture, than can tie it to being a cougar. I've seen plenty of cats, that are still plenty bigger than that one. There's nothing strange about that bobby. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on now.....BOBCAT!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's a Bobcat too...

However I'm gonna say

"ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN WAY IT"S ANYTHING BUT A MOUNTAIN LION AND A DAMN BIG ONE TOO, AND ANYONE WHO CANNOT SEE THAT IS AN IDIOT"

just to get another 11 pages on this thread

post away boys and girls

Old 09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

My vote goes towards Cougar. Because all of the body screams Cougar except the tail. The tail looks to be swinging to the side. Since it is hard to tell depth in a picture, a long tail will appear short when it swings to the side, away from the camera.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ShadowAce

ORIGINAL: huntinwv

Cross Breeding??????
Only the ones who think it's a cougar.[:-]
LMAO!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

look at the ears...it has spots on the inside of it's legs, now i've only seen one florida panther, so i could be wrong , but i didnt think those big cats like the cougar had spots...also i'm looking at the bobcat on my wall, it's ears are more rounded than pointy , it has the white dot on the ear and the black tip, once again , signs of a bobcat.....and it has white around the bottom of his mouth like the one in the pic.....it's screaming BOBCAT
Old 09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

cougars/mountain lions dont have spots on there body, and dont have black tips on the tops of their ears, and are much much bigger than this guy......

Why are you guys trying to turn a kitty into a BIG cat?.....lol
Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

He's sneezing,got something in his mouth or,he's coughing up a hairball,and that's why his face looks like that!Bobcat,bobcat,bobcat.[8D]
Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

At least the last eight or nine posts are restoring my faith in this bunch! Whoever recommended spending some time in front of the Discovery channel, I couldn't have said it better!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 AM
CG

I hunt both, have had many close encounters with both and TRUST ME!!!!! THIS IS A BOBCAT!!!!!

Quick Reply: What is this animal? Game cam pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.