Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got me a Timberland No-Peep >

Got me a Timberland No-Peep

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got me a Timberland No-Peep

Old 09-05-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Got me a Timberland No-Peep

Well, I have been wanting a Timberland No-Peep for a while and finally bought one. It eliminates the need for a peep sight. It sort of turns you eye into the rear sight and forces you, if lined up correctly, to shoot from the same anchorpoint every time, making for a consistent shot every time if your pins are sited in. Only shot with it a few times today, and already am getting adjusted to not having a peep sight. I am really going to like it.

The pro-shop owner sorta bugged me though because he felt the need to basically tell me my bow is old and outdated. It's in great shape, I bought it brand new and have had it for four seasons.ago. It is a PSE Nova. He acted like it was a stick and a piece of fishing line, though. He was just trying hard to sell me a new bow, I guess. If a bow is cared for, it isn't going to be obselite (sp?) after just four seasons. May not be as smooth as a Matthews that I cannot afford right now, but it will kill a deer just the same. Dead is dead. Anyway, thought I'd tell you all about the No-peep. Hopefully I will bag one with it this year.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got me a Timberland No-Peep

You will really like it when hunting in low light conditions!I put one on four years ago and will always have it on my hunting bows.ENJOY
Old 09-06-2005, 05:35 AM

I would avoid that place like the plague. I just replaced my bow after 15 seasons and not because I needed to. I took two deer with it last year and it was my first compound bought in 1990. I seriously think it would have lasted me the rest of my life if I wanted it to. This bow I just bought I expect to hunt with another 15 years lol.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lord forbid a bow be nothing more than a stick with a string on it! j/k
Congrats on your no-peep. If you took a rubberband peep sight off you just gained about 10-15 fps!

Like you said, dead is dead, I hope dead a few this season.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been considering hunting with a Nova for part of this season. Nothing wrong with that. As for the No-Peep, it is one of the few archery gadgets that I have yet to try. I never saw the need personally though I can understand why some folks get into it.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went into a shop (I wont say where or in what state), and the guy tried telling me my 04 pro tec was outdated and I NEEDED a Vtec. I kindly told him that when I wanted a new bow, I would come to him and tell him what I wanted, but I was paying him to recommend a new lens for my sight, not to sell me a bow.Some will think I was rude, but with some people you just have to tell them how it is, or they just wont get it.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've become a better shooter since switching to the No-Peep. I went from relying on a peep sight and kisser button to using nothing but the No-Peep now. I couldn't be happier.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Spike

I think you will really be happy with it. I started shooting a bow in '99, that was early on in the "NO-PEEP" days. The shop owner had one that was sent to him to try and he thought it was just another "gimmick". Since I didn't know what it was like to even shoot with a peep, I bought it from him and it just seemed so comfortable to use from the start. Its always done well in low light conditions, but I wonder if newer ones are even better yet.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:22 AM

I put one on my bow about 3 years ago and it has helped my shooting tremendously.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

has anyone here shot with a Aimpoint sight??

Quick Reply: Got me a Timberland No-Peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.