Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NO GAS DAY

Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default NO GAS DAY

Hope none of you are buying gas today. Here in NE mass it is the stick it to em day. The pumps are empty no one is buying gas!!!! Is this going on all over?
Just to keep this relevant I shot my bow yesterday, and shot well I have a 20, 30 and 40 now COME ON OCT 17!!!!!!

Jim
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: NO GAS DAY

gas is still availible here in Pa.,but over 3.00. If you have no gas the deer will have to come to you
Old 09-01-2005, 09:23 AM

Gas is at 3.16 here in nebraska.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a nice thought Jim. However, does that mean that more people will just be buying gas on the days surrounding today (ex. "I gotta fill up my car today b/c tomorrow is 'no gas day'") I think to truely be effective at maintaining a little control over the market from the "demand" side, many americans would have to change their lifestyle when it comes to consuming fuel and I'm not sure that many are willing to do that ( I think some have probably changed to a small degree).

I think a better idea would be to try to exercise control from the supply side. that is...put every decision making oil exec up against the wall and open fire, then every american also get a chance to punch Bush and Cheney as hard as they can in the stomach, and every other top Goobermint official w/ big oil interests. It sucks.
just an opinion
Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 AM

$3.09 for low test in WV.

It would be great if everyone would get together and not by gas for a full week. Better do it before season comes in...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

There were lines at many of the gas stations here yesterday while the prices were still hovering around $2.69-2.75. They are up to $2.97-3.05 today depending on the station. My wife and I have been considering a minvan or small SUV purchase for more room but I think we'd be crazy to do that now. Guess will stick with our little Cavalier.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:34 AM

have to go back to horses and buggys[8D][8D][8D]
Old 09-01-2005, 11:54 AM

My suggestion to get [:@]back at them is this. 98% of all stations now are convenient stores, You have to buy gas, but you don't have to buy newspapers, milk, candy, etc. Go buy your gas and boycott any other purchase. You can get everything you need at the grocery store. How long would it take for them to feel it, and to get the message? Record profits for the oil companies, and this now?
Old 09-01-2005, 12:02 PM

You have to buy gas, but you don't have to buy newspapers, milk, candy, etc. Go buy your gas and boycott any other purchase. You can get everything you need at the grocery store. How long would it take for them to feel it, and to get the message?
Probably quite a while. Most stations are still independently owned and operated, and they depend on those other sales for (extra) profit. The oil companies will rake it in whether you buy Milk Duds or not.

What desperately needs to happen - particularly up here in Soviet Canuckistan - is for the taxes to come off gasoline. The price of gas could be slashed basically in half if the government would reduce/repeal the gas taxes. (And it's not like they aren't raping us enough everywhere else!) Unfortunately, it's such as cash cow that it won't happen short of an armed revolt.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: WindsorArcher

You have to buy gas, but you don't have to buy newspapers, milk, candy, etc. Go buy your gas and boycott any other purchase. You can get everything you need at the grocery store. How long would it take for them to feel it, and to get the message?
Probably quite a while. Most stations are still independently owned and operated, and they depend on those other sales for (extra) profit. The oil companies will rake it in whether you buy Milk Duds or not.

What desperately needs to happen - particularly up here in Soviet Canuckistan - is for the taxes to come off gasoline. The price of gas could be slashed basically in half if the government would reduce/repeal the gas taxes. (And it's not like they aren't raping us enough everywhere else!) Unfortunately, it's such as cash cow that it won't happen short of an armed revolt.

Precisely my point! If the private owners, feel it and then they are the ones buying in bulk, then they would be pushing to bring the prices back in line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.