Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's more Accurate? >

What's more Accurate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's more Accurate?

Old 08-26-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: What's more Accurate?

The aluminum core can bend in the acc's. Read that somewhere...[&:]
Old 08-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

After numerous shots aluminum will lose straightness, carbon won't.
That's not exactly true either. Carbons don't bend, but they can, and eventually will, take a set. Spine will also degrade in carbon shafts, and that's even worse than losing straightness. Anyone that's noticed their group sizes and accuracy getting worse over time with their carbon arrows would be amazed at how much better new arrows will shoot.

Of course, guys who only take a handful of shots a couple of weeks before bow season will never wear out a carbon arrow. Guys who take thousands of shots a year know the truth of the matter.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Typical Buck

wesbowhunt, I was just getting ready to ask that. I've have been very pleased with alums. I have gotten pretty consistant flight with them overall. Obviously, they get bent but I expect that to happen. I've seen plenty of carbons shatter. The ICS Hunter Elites I bought weren't as expensive as the ACC's but they certainly weren't cheap but they don't seem to be as consistant as the alums. So far I'm thinking they will be great practice arrows.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:20 AM

In my Opinion
the Acc are straighter but as for accuracy as along as yourarrowsare tuned for your set up you should not notice any difference in accurcy. Youwill notice that your speed will go up and you will get less drift on those windy days at long distances. I still use them for field shoots. But for 3D I shoot Aluminum X7's and for Hunting I shoot ICS Hunters.As long as your arrows are tuned for you you should not notice a diff for Hunting or 3D.