Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

old hoyt value

Old 08-24-2005, 09:29 PM

Default old hoyt value

i have a hoyt rambo i purchased new about 20 years ago. while brousing ebay the other day i came across one for sale. they were asking 1,200 dollars for it .according to the seller there were only 100 of these bows produced. its the bow hoyt produced for sylvester stallone for the movie rambo. i realize any collectable item is only worth what a collector is willing to pay for it but if i could get even a third of what this guy seemed to think the value is i would be at the pro shop tomorrow putting money down on a new protec. if anybody has a clue as to what the value might be please let me know. are maybe some suggestions as to where i might get reasonable appraisle.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:55 PM

Default RE: old hoyt value

lol, meat what that bow is worth and what that cracksmoker wants for it is ENTIRELY two different things. At the absolute most, if that bow was NIB, never fired and someone with alot of money just HAD to have it it MIGHT bring $200 on a good day. More realistically the bow aint worth $100. And no there were PLENTY more than 100 made. I first began working in my brothers then new archery shop/lanes and we had a Rambo model for sale. Like to never sold the blasted thing then. I have a Hoyt Easton Buck hangin out in the garage covered in cobwebs. They were the exact same bow as the Rambo, had the same paint job and everything (High gloss black limbs with gloss/metallic charcoal riser) but the lettering was green vs the Rambo's orange. They essentially are useless for the hunter, but still decent for plinkin around or lettin the kids shoot.

Sorry for the badnews but I don't want you thinkin you got a gold mine only later to get your feelings hurt!
RA
Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 PM

Default RE: old hoyt value

thanks for the reply. thats kinda what i figured. although i did harvest a few deer with that bow . 20 years ago it seemed to be a pretty good shooting bow. but that was 20 years and three hoyts ago maybe next season ill be shooting that new protec.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Spike

Default hoyt and easton1of 12 of 100

If you have a black bow with a gold seal that is probably 1 of only 12 ever made and those 12 bows are worth over 10,000 dollars they was supposed to make a hundred and stopped at number 12 they sold for 700 dollars back when they was produced