Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My season is delayed!!! >

My season is delayed!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My season is delayed!!!

Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Default My season is delayed!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This is aggravating! Long story short...I went to the orthopedic surgeon today because of some trouble I have been having with my knee. Well, low and behold.....they gotta scope it. This.........stinks. Season opens Sept. 15, and on Sept. 8 I get my knee scoped. Sounds like I should be back on my feet the following week though, so not too aweful bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My season is delayed!!!

Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.
By the way, in 1994I was recovering from a torn ligament in my right knee and was unable to walk that far on the second Saturday of our PA bow season.
My buddies felt sorry for me and let me take the treestand closest to the farmhouse where we were hunting.
Guess what? I killed a nice 8 pointer and they even drug it out for me because of my knee.
I hope you have the same luck I did.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey does this mean weget bonus points for having a guy on the DL?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 PM

Hey keep your head. I work in the health field as a PT/AT. Do exactly as the doctor says and if you any questions just PM me and I will help you get back on your feet quick. All said though if it is just a basic scope you should be fairly good in a week or two. Good luck to you.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:39 PM

No big deal man............You will be back on your feet in no time. Who knows??......it may even help you out seeing that if the stick is a little tender you may move slower and take more time and make less noise going to and from the stand right??

Dragging could be an issue though..........but that is ALWAYS a good problem to have

Hope you have a speedy recovery
Old 08-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man Mo ...that sux like an open chest wound ....

Roll Tide
DD

Old 08-25-2005, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

at least you wont be out too long
Old 08-25-2005, 07:46 AM

Hey, hang in there, hope you get recovered in time to make it down to hunt this fall. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey good luck with that. Last year I had major surgury two weeks before opening day of PA rifle. Needless to say I was in my stand at day break. I barely made it there cause I couldn't walk very well. They had cut into my thigh to remove an abcess and I still had the drain tube in my leg. Not very fun. Long story short...I shot a doe....she fell over s 20ft cliff after the shot...and my dad and grandpa had to drag her back up while i stood and watched

I have confidence, you will be ready to go....if not don't worry you will be healed shortly after.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there mobowhuntr. You'll be back in the woods in no time.

Quick Reply: My season is delayed!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.