Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 switchback or outback? >

switchback or outback?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

switchback or outback?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:36 PM
t3

Default switchback or outback?

i was just wondering if anyone has shot the switchback and outback. i havent had the chance to shoot either of them so i was wanting to know yalls opinion on them
Old 08-20-2005, 01:01 PM

Default RE: switchback or outback?

both good bows. seems like the outback pulls a little harder than the swb. the switch back does not have a draw stop. THe out back has a bigger brace height but shorter riser. i dont have the switchback or the outback but what i have heard is the switchback is a little touchy to shoot, but you also here guys that say it is the best shooting bow they ever had. i would go to www.mathewsinc.com and look at their forums.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:36 PM

I have indeed shot both of the bows.When I went to the pro shop it was to purchase an Outback,or at least shoot one in hopes that I would like it enough to buy.I did like it , as a matter of fact if I would have had the money right then I would have bought it,,,but I think God was looking down on me that day , because I didnt...A few weeks later I was in a differant shop & the owner talked me into shooting a Switchback,,,,And I did...The bow was set up about an inch longer than what I shoot in draw length so I didnt quite get the full effect of th quality of the bow was...The day I went to actually purchase a bow I shot a Swithchback that fit me & that was it...The Outback didnt even compare to it ....SWITCHBACK for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Outback, and have shot several Switchbacks, and I now shoot a new PSE Venom.., both are great bows... But when you shoot both side by side a couple times, you can barely tell the littlest difference in the bows.. the draw stop on the Outback is a plus!! But the cam is a little softer on the Switchback, and with a longer riser it is a tiny bit more forgiving, not much.. But here is my advice on purchaseing a new arrow slinger...

Go to your local proshop and shoot a few different bows, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech, Parker......Hoyt.. they are all so very close nowdays and all offer quality bows, but what some lack is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Good luck in your new purchase bro..
Old 08-20-2005, 05:59 PM

I actutally own both bows Seem to aslways have two Mathews. THe biggest difference that I seeare as follows;

1. The Switchback draw is smoother.

2. THe draw lenght in the Outback needs to be 1/2 longer in order to compare. For me a a 28.5 in SB and a 29 in OB to shoot similar.

3. SB is faster will exact same arrow

4. OB is much easier to tune than the SB. The SB was the most difficlty bow I have ever had to tune.

All said I would get the Switchback Simply because wone it is tuned there is no better shooting bow on the market . I have never been able to shoot as well as i have right now. I am consonstently getting 4" gorups at 40 yds and that pretty good for me.

Hope it helps!

Old 08-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I tend to agree with twister's synopsis of both bows. Personally I prefer the Outback a bit more but both bows feel quite superb in my hand at the shot.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:37 AM
t3

thanks for all of the info guys
Old 08-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

have a Q2 and just purchased a SB....Shot maybe 100 arrows so far and don't shoot it as good as the Q2 but it is a lot smoother and MUCH QUIETER!!!.....Give me some more time and another 100 arrows and I'm sureI will shoot itas good or better than the Q2.......