Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Outback vs. Switchback

Old 07-21-2005, 06:44 AM

Default Outback vs. Switchback

I bought an Outback last year and like it fine. Yesterday, I made the mistake of shooting a Switchback. It will take about $250 to upgrade at my local proshop. My question is for those who know the Mathews line; what will I gain by upgrading. I am aware of the dampeners in the roller guard and the different cam. Are these the only inprovments. I am not sureI can turn loose of my money for that. What do you like about the switchback that the outback dosn't offer. Thanks for all replies.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Outback vs. Switchback

The only other differance is axile to axile so maybe limbs are longer and faster.If I was you I would change roller and leave it alone.I have the switchback but I realise next year there will be something better and same as the next year also.I am going to shoot mine until it falls apart.I think they call this keeping up with the Jones.You have a good bow now.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Outback vs. Switchback

I have 2 friends that switched from Outbacks to Switchbacks. Both feel that the sb is easier to shoot accurately.