Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 6th Annual "Take Quality Pictures...Ones to be PROUD of!" >

6th Annual "Take Quality Pictures...Ones to be PROUD of!"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6th Annual "Take Quality Pictures...Ones to be PROUD of!"

Old 08-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 6th Annual "Take Quality Pictures...Ones to be PROUD of!"

I've managed to take some OK pictures of the hog I killed but can't for the life of me figure out how to post them. I think I'll throw my computer in the lake before i figure it out. How will I enter the MONSTER in the contest when I put him down?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Washington Hunter....computer crashed last night while posting that, and I just went to bed. Thanks for fixing!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a pic of a deer I shot last rifle season. I took this pic with a disposable camera, they ended up turning out pretty good. That is the exact spot he fell, I just picked his head up and started taking pics. I think the cedar in the background makes it look nice.

Here is another decent pic taken with a disposable about 4 years ago. If my dad's finger wasn't in the way it would have turned out a little better.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here are a couple of what I think turned out to be quality pictures: (Last year's buck)

And be sure not to forget your hunting buddy in a couple pictures!

Old 08-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Nice Pics., Nice buck....I like that hill in the background!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you ever wonder if someone is watching you out there when your by yourself, shooting about two rolls of film, running back and forth from camera to the buck just in time to beat the flash and shot...

Below is myfavorite photo of a buck I have taken alone. I really liked the snow background. Last years whitetail..shot the picture with a tripod mounted 35mm (little cheapy) cannon camera.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Buck and nice picture!

Actually, I always have someone come take a photo of me. I do keep the disposable cameras in my pack, so all I have to do is tear it open, and hand it to the "cameraman". The few times there is no one around, I end up getting a photo later when the deer is in back of the truck, and I really hate those ...bloody, tacky looking.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:30 AM

Good Post Matt,
I learned several years ago if you place the camera a low in front of the intended target in the picture the results can be awesome. I also learned to bring the deer home, unload it from the truck and before heading to the garage hose off as much blood as possalbe and continue snapping pictures. Here is my buck from last season which shows me and my favor tracking buddie. Her eyes are much better than mine and she has more paitence.
The olny thing I didn't notice until I seen the pic was were my son practiced shooting his paintball gun on the big tree behind us.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since a few of you other guys have posted some nice examples of what appear to be good field photos I'll add a few of my own. These are all from '04, and are all what I found to be some good quality photos. (I've got a new spot planned for photos for this year, just got to get the deer). I learned a lot of things about taking quality field photos during my time in South Africa. If you follow even a portion of the guidelines covered in Matt's post your field photos should be ones to be proud of.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James Vee

(I've got a new spot planned for photos for this year, just got to get the deer).

Mind if I hunt by that pond?

Quick Reply: 6th Annual "Take Quality Pictures...Ones to be PROUD of!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.