Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best way to stop a deer? >

Best way to stop a deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best way to stop a deer?

Old 08-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best way to stop a deer?

maaaah, or i yell "hey" or something......almost any wierd sound will stop em, i've done it to almost every deer i shot.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 AM
Site Bouncer

I usually just say "hey" not loud but in my normal talking voice. If the deer is close I say it softer, if the deer is far I say it a little louder but never loud enough to spook, butjust to get the deer to stop. It actuallyworks very good. I am at full draw when I say it.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big J, if you said hey to me...........I would stop and listen too!!!!!!!!! Your big enough to burn diesel !!!!!! Now you know I mean that respectfully, I was reading your post the other day about playing pro football....football was a big part of my life as well... college level only for me though.. to small to white andto slowfor the next level..

One question? do you have a hard time finding a good treestand to hold you and fit you??? Have a good one..

Troy
Old 08-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lasso.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 AM

I once had to yell to stop a 7 pointer. My buddy heard me and he was 300 yards away!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:06 AM

I have never had one run or spook from me when I grunt; Maaaaaaahh is all I do. did it three times on a buck last bow season.each time he stopped he would be behind a bush.I would grunt and he would take one more step. the third time he was in the opwn,(broken rib)
Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 AM

Theystop after they get nailed with my arrow.. In all of my situations I havent had to do anything to stop one. I would probably do a soft mouth grunt.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:17 AM

An arrow through the boiler room.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:22 AM

I like Arthur P'smethod = Lasso

Actually - I never stop them and prefer the walking shot as I like them relaxed when I let an arrow fly and so far (crossing my fingers) I have never had a deer go more than 70-80 yards.....
Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do a soft mouth grunt and then get louder as necessary. Ihave found that when bucks are chasing you need to get pretty loud to stop them. If it's nice and still and buck is moving in slow I will either make a kissing noise or I will grunt soft.

Quick Reply: Best way to stop a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.