Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does your wife get ticked off? >

Does your wife get ticked off?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your wife get ticked off?

Old 08-14-2005, 02:51 PM

Default RE: Does your wife get pissed off?

woman are funny critters sometimes my ex was good about the hunting i even taught her son and daughter to hunt and fish if i do find another one if she started all that crap she would be fired
Old 08-14-2005, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Does your wife get ticked off?

Don't have that problem. Many TV's to pick from.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I've been with my girlfriend for five years now and I got lucky, she grew up with hunting, and she knows that every Oct we will see eachother in passing, she's not to thrilled about hunting herself, but she will watch videos with me and complain about how far someone takes a shot, She's like man 200yrds couldn't he get any closer, he should have used a bow thats more challenging. Man I love her!!!!! She's a keepper....
Old 08-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

thankfully i hunt as much if not more than my husband and i'm usually in control of the remote...we're always watchin' huntin' shows.

i don't see how y'all guys (and some cases the ladies) can be with someone who doesn't share the love of huntin'...it's soooooo much better when your spouse shares the addiction...to have someone understand what you live for and to feel the same way is the best...hopefully y'all will be able to successfully introduce your wives and girlfriends to the sport...they'd love it if they would open their minds a lil and try it...best of luck to y'all.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

ticked off ? ,,sh*t no, since i've introduced herto the sport i have heard nothingall year but"Do we have this..Do we have that?,,what clothes should i take this time?,,Do i look ok in this?? the deer are not all that concerned hun.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

My wife used to get mad... until I introduced her to gift certificates to the beauty salon. She gets her hair and nails done while I climb a tree. That there is what you call a win - win situation.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's pretty hard to get my wife mad in the first place but she knew the deal coming into the marriage that I hunted a lot and she understands how much it means to me and she wants me to be happy so even when she does get frustrated she doesn't say anything. I try to meet her in the middle but definitely I have a good woman!
Old 08-15-2005, 07:36 AM

My wife grew up around hunting, so it is not that big of a deal for me. Plus, I hunt with my wife's brother, so she really can't complain. She knows that this time of year is for me, and she respects that. It all evens out in that during the year, she gets her time to do what she wants. My wife has never been hunting with me, nor do I see her ever going, but she rarely gives me a hard time.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

My old lady freaks out over this whole hunting bit also. It's the lesser of two evils, IMO.

I dated a countrified kinda girl once who loved the fact that I went hunting. She wanted to come along. She wanted me to go with her dad all the time. She was nagging me about taking him out. It was horrible. I didn't wanna hunt with him. I didn't wanna hunt with anyone. I hunt alone. She had trouble grasping that. She never wanted to talk about anything but hunting - drove me totally nuts. She didn't really know enough about hunting to engage me, just enough to irritate me. She didn't like a lot of my "non-hunting friends," either. She just cramped my style, I guess.

At that point, I realized that I needed a more cultured girl. The downside of the city girl is that she hates the hunting. It's taken a few years, but she's numb to it all now. She still whines about it, but she whines about anything that occupies my time. I guess she's a girl, and that's what they all do.

She's female, that's her biggest problem.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has no clue and no interest when it comes to hunting. She knows that it is something that I've been doing since I was old enough to have a license. She won't eat anything that I might bring home. She doesn't want any mounts in any place except the basement or garage. [&:]

On the positive side (yes, there is one) she tells everyone she looks forward to me teaching our son about hunting, fishing, etc. During the season she doesn't mind me spending time hunting. Her only request is that I make sure I still make time to spend with my son. She doesn't complain when I buy new hunting gear. As long as the bills are paid.

Quick Reply: Does your wife get ticked off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.