Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 your deer/buck lure >

your deer/buck lure

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your deer/buck lure

Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default your deer/buck lure

i use kishells standing estrous for the rut.. and nothing for pre/post
the link is in my sig..
what are you guys using?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: your deer/buck lure

Tinks #69 - Had lots of sucess w/ it during pre and mid rut. Had 2 bucks follow my trail in on the same day last year. But it all depends on the deer and time of month.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Rush Creek.

I've had deer turn around and walk/run off after smelling Tinks #69, but I've had them tear the ground up around my Rush Creek.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:01 PM

I do not use deer lure. I do not believe that I need it to be successful. I would rather kill a deer by sitting still and being lucky, then by having a lure do the work.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:56 PM

rut i use tinks69 had decent luck with it.. about a year ago i bought this stuff apple scentwith buck semen in it a had a decent 6 point about 60 yards out bowhunting went down wind of it and he stopped dead in his track and almost had his bottom lip on his nose then run right towards where the scent was and stop and smelled the branch with his bottom lip over his nose and wack 5 seconds later backstraps... anybody seen this stuff i want to get more but cant find it..
Old 08-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washington hunter, where do you buy your rush creek stuff??? I cant find an online retailer.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 AM

Kind of like other firefighter i just go hunting and shoot it.Full tags every year and best whitewail is around 140 never measured but plenty good so far best mulie is 20 incher 5x5.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I tried to order Border Crossing's VS-1 last year, but they were sold out... I just saw a bit on TV about the process they go through to get this, and seems to me that there wouldn't be a better attractant... I mean if they really do what they claim and take this stuff while they are inseminating the doe... What could smell better to a Buck then that...?? Now about the price, OUTRAGIOUS IMO... BUT, I am all about the extra edge and this is my Passion... I have enough hunting stuff to start my own shop cause that is what I choose to spend my $$ on... I am sure some people are laughing, and say it's BS.. and it's very possible that it is... But I order my 2 bottles of it today, just incase it does work (wouldn't want to run out)...and I'll be seeing first hand this year during the rut if it's BS or not...

Incase you have not heard or seen this here is the website...
http://www.bordercrossinglabs.com
Old 08-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Knight&hale buck poppers, they work great.
I also use Rush Creek deer Lure, there out of buisness due to illness in the family, we havent seen patti on here for months. It was truly a great product!!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Funnel screened dairy secretions from the local farm

Quick Reply: your deer/buck lure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.