Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 checking for fletching clearance >

checking for fletching clearance

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

checking for fletching clearance

Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM

Default checking for fletching clearance

i was wondering of a good way to check fletching clearance i know when i nocked an arrow withthe cock feather down it hit my rise because it left a film or somthing on it,,have turn cock vane out since but think that arrow is hitting the sight self holder thing that hold my arrow for my qt2000 dropaway and not entirely sure that vane are clearing dropawy and suggestions??[/align]
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: checking for fletching clearance

You can put lipstick on your rest and see if it ends up on the vanes. I haven't had good luck with that method. Spray foot poweder on the vanes and shoot them. You will see exactly where the vane is hitting.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM

Feathers or vanes? If you are using vanes a good indicator is that the vane will wrinkle after several shots. The lipstick suggestion is good, foot powder works also.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:55 PM

that is how i figured out my vanes were hitting the riser in a cock vane down postision espesally with the qs vanes they did not last long
Old 08-04-2005, 03:57 PM

Cock vane up. I use a Drop Zone, and that's how I shoot. Also, make sure the timing of the rest is right. If it drops too late, it hasn't fallen out of the way by the time the vanes get there.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:09 PM

my vanes were hitting therisser when i had the cock vane down,,if i move it up it would cause the other side to hit would it not,, but with the cock vane out it hits the arrow holder for the qt2000 which sets on the sight self
Old 08-04-2005, 04:13 PM

If your vanes are actually hitting the riser, I would suspect your problem to be more like the rest not being installed properly.If you have the means to post a pic that would be helpful.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:16 PM

i will try to get a picture next tuesday or wednsday otay??
Old 08-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

If your vanes are actually hitting the riser, I would suspect your problem to be more like the rest not being installed properly.
That's what it sounds like to me. I just helped a friend last night with the same problem, we moved the rest away from the riser, paper tuned and he just called me coming from the range and re-siteing in and saidall is well except his arrows are under spined which is the same thing I told him. We used my old arrows by the way for him to paper tune with.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 AM

if u move the rest over that take it out of center,,would this matter??

Quick Reply: checking for fletching clearance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.