Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Buck Pics.... lets guess the score. >

New Buck Pics.... lets guess the score.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Buck Pics.... lets guess the score.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:38 PM

Default RE: New Buck Pics.... lets guess the score.

Neither of those bucks pass. Both would pile up within 100 yards with deflated lungs.

You must be psyched for the upcoming season BM. Have you figured out where these boys sleep?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:48 PM

I'd say right around 127 on the big one
Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

170 13/16"
Old 08-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok, that cuts it. I am hunting with you this season.

Nice bucks BM. I wouldn't even hazard a guess to score as they are bigger than anything I typically see in my neck of the woods.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I can't get over is how wide they are for their age, they look to be around 20" now. They are IMHO 2 y/o deer when you look at the size of their front shoulders compared to the rear ends on them, as well as the lack of any type of sway in their backs. I honestly think both of these deer have the potential to easily be 150"+ deer at 3-3 1/2 years and even bigger at 4. I can't say I would pass on one of those though if I was hunting PA, those are some damn fine deer.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:47 PM

The larger buck is after his antlers dry will be roughly 127. The smaller will be around 105-110. Good genes in your area. Those deer will be whoppers in a few years. The question is where's their daddy or better yet Grandad?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks guys, these two bucks do look pretty young and they are probablly both safe this season. I have seen several bucks that are much bigger than these two but I havn't got them on camera yet. One is a 12 point that I would say is in the 140-150" range, another is a giant 8 point that is probablly close to 20" wide with great mass and HUGE tines (8" brows, 12" G-2's, 10" G-3's or somewhere close to that) and finally, I saw a buck on public land that I wouldn't hesitate to say is near the 190" mark. This buck was on land where several years ago a local archery shop owner arrowed a 186" buck and this one appeared bigger.

I'll tell ya'll something, I am amazed at what a little work can do for these deer. These deer are on my property and I have the corn feeder out year round (with the exception of one month before archery season to after late archery season unless I tag out before that), they have a small BioLogic food-plot that Iput in, and several BioLogic full potential mineral sites. Not much work and not much money, but I have definetly seen it working so far.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's got a nice spread but hardly any tine length (shorter than his ear). I'd say he will go lower 120 range. Good luck with him BuckMag, I wanna see a pic of that dudewith your bow across his shoulders this fall!!!

Ooohh, and what kind of name is Cornfed IL above???? How orginal! [:@]
Old 08-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Ooohh, and what kind of name is Cornfed IL above???? How orginal!
I just saw your name shortly after I joined,
I had tried ILbowhunter, Illinoisbowhunter they where taken. I didnt relize you where on these forums or I wouldnt have used this username. Ill find a way to change it, if its possible[>:]