Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is nuts..check it out >

This is nuts..check it out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is nuts..check it out

Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM

Default This is nuts..check it out

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&rid=&i ndexId=cat20059&navAction=push&navCount=28 &parentType=index&parentId=cat20059&id =0032966

Wow..that thing is just plain stupid..Are people really buying this crap?

slayer

oh, and why does somebody like Cabelas even carry it?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:26 PM

Default RE: This is nuts..check it out

From what I've heard/read it's a great head, though you can only use it once.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

$44.99 for only 2 ?!?!Uh, that is a big waste of money, if you ask me. I've heard of expensive broadheads, but,daaaay-um!!! [&:]
Old 07-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I think they would actually work pretty good. But by the time you paid shipping you would have $150 in broadheads in your quiver. That is truely NUTS!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:04 PM

Some guy was on here a while back trying to push these heads that a "friend" of his makes. He showed a hog that he shot with one I think.

Just plain stupid if you ask me. Whoever thought it was a smart idea to make a head so expensive doesn't know much about the broadhead market. When you can get 3 Stingers with a LIFETIME guarantee for around $25...........you would have to be crazy to buy these things.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 PM

I would personally never use these heads. Primarily due to the price. That being said, I would have my doubts as well. And these heads are made by the same company that makes the Gobbler Guillotine heads. And I would never try those either. But, I am sure people out their will drop the $$ on these. Cabela's wouldn't carry them if they thought they wouldn't sell.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

VERY expensive, but you have to admire the design. it is a neat concept. I'm not buying it though.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

I can't see myself buying that broadhead.

I'm tempted on the Gobbler Guillotine tho'. I have a spot where the landowner wants me to kill some Canada geese. With those big broadheads I wouldn't have to worry about a goose flying away with an arrow stuck in it.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

gobble giatine, i could use on geese, but not turkey! I dont buy anything that is taken out of the tradition of bow hunting. Thats just how I roll!!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Something I found from the inventor:

Okay...Razor Wire vs...razor blades. Razor blades as used on ANY broad head to date are rigid. Like the Crimson Talon you mention...the blades have a lower Rockwell Hardness and are thin so there is some flexibility but only to a point and as a result...breakage under duress of bone penetration typically. Not a good thing as you mention due to the dangerous position it leaves the hunter in while dressing his animal.
The material I use is called Nitinol. It is a titanium/nickel alloy. It has a "Memory Shape able" capacity. Meaning that once I make it razor sharp. I form it to my broad head shape and then put it into a furnace at a very high temperature. This stress relieves the bends and sets the memory to my shape turning it into a spring basically. Being primarily titanium...it is incredibly strong! Significantly stronger than any stainless steel razor blade. Plus...it holds the sharp edge longer than stainless steel. I use only two wires to provide four exposed cutting surfaces. They are .053 inches thick. Tensile strength of the wire is just wicked strong and the stress relief slides where the ends of the wire reside near the base of the broad head don't allow Kinetic Energy transfer to focus on any particular spot along the entire surface area of the wires..end result..the most efficient penetrating broad head, yet the most extreme durability carrying four always exposed cutting surfaces through any animal we have shot into.
As for penetrating tests...I'm not a big fan of gelatin...steel drums...cinder blocks...etc.
I like to kill animals and see what it did to their internals/externals during the gutting process. We cut full width going in, going out, through the lungs, heart, liver, ribs. We didn't cut full width through the spine of a deer, nor the front shoulder plate of a boar hog. Just as I engineered it to do...minimize cutting width to get through the bone....The Razor Wire compressed to a lesser cutting width while penetrating those hard substances...yet did cut full width through the heart which resides right on the other side of the shoulder. I think this is a more accurate testimonial to the ability of the broad head to perform as I engineered it to perform. Although if you want to do this test yourself...I shot the same broad head through cinder blocks over one hundred times...nothing broken but arrows and the cinder blocks. All other broad head companies only shoot ONE TIME at a cinder block to show how "Rugged" theirs is.
The best test is for you to simply try it for yourself. I have spent the last 12 years engineering broad heads on my own trying to solve all the problems. I debuted the Gobbler Guillotine last year to a very happy turkey chasing bunch of bow hunters world wide. This year..its The ATOM. I believe bow hunters will appreciate this one even more.
Look forward to your thoughts and let me know if I missed something.
Respectfully,
Matthew Future
Arrowdynamic Solutions

Quick Reply: This is nuts..check it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.