Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME ! >

Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Old 08-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

ORIGINAL: metro

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

All I can say is that if someone shoots me (or at me) they better kill me on the first shot. Otherwise this 6'5", 292 lb , well armed, US Army infantry trained,
I was impressed until I got to the "US Army infantry trained" part. Then I just laughed.
I'm sorry, but what was so funny? I can only guess that you are a Marine, and I would ask you, if the Marines were so good, why do theysend their people to Ft. Benning for training?

Can't even begin to count how many Marines that I had to teach how to read a map and use a compass.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

USAI agree with you 100% and I couldn't have saidwhat you did any better.

Matt/PA grow up - there is a time and place for everything including both humor and serious business. You need to learn to recognise the difference and apply some better judgement- especially being a Mod on this site where young people come to learn.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fortunately for all of us you guys don't get to decide for everyone when it isappropriate to joke or not to joke and I personally thought it was funny and maybe you guys need to re-evaluate what you are taking so serious about the situation. I don't know, maybe you guys are scared of the dark too and this thread touched a nerve............................................. .
Old 08-01-2005, 03:24 PM

I have never been scared, of hunting that is, in any way shape or form. But all of a sudden.....What was that!......I am beginning to think more and more about...........Oh my GOD!!! its a LIBERAL!!!. No seriously, makes you understand where the deer are coming from and helps to understand why they can be so elusive. Theywoory about people like me all the time!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:41 PM

OMG.......this thread has been hijacked by finger pointers!! Dude, look....if you're scared of the dark......there is a much simpler solution......

WAIT TILL DAYLIGHT TO ENTER THE WOODS.

Don't want to do that, well then, you have two options, as I see it.
1. You have admited your fear, which is a good thing, so now all you have to do is overcome it. Walk around the house at night with all the lights off. Walk out to the mailbox at night in the dark. Go to the bathroom without turning the lights on. Do as much as you can in the dark to become more comfortable with it.
2. Don't go. That certainly isn't the most fun option, or even the best option, but is an option none the less.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Mobow-That was some terrible advice! I tried that bathrrom in the dark thing and my wife said I had to start cleaning the toilet and the floor and even the wall if I am real sleepy. Better stick to the flashlight.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL:

Can't even begin to count how many Marines that I had to teach how to read a map and use a compass.
Yeah I guess when you're getting lost all the time you get pretty good with a map and compass.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ

Mobow-That was some terrible advice! I tried that bathrrom in the dark thing and my wife said I had to start cleaning the toilet and the floor and even the wall if I am real sleepy. Better stick to the flashlight.
Dude, I'm sorry......I didn't realize not everyone had a stylus light on the end.....[&:][&:]
Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fortunately for all of us you guys don't get to decide for everyone when it is appropriate to joke or not to joke and I personally thought it was funny and maybe you guys need to re-evaluate what you are taking so serious about the situation. I don't know, maybe you guys are scared of the dark too and this thread touched a nerve............................................. .
I think the only nerve touched here was Matt/PA afraid his daddy is going to put the high heels, purse, and cocktail gown back on him again and pimp him out to the uncles for more beer money. (see I can use smiley faces too - was I serious or joking?)

I'm beginning to think that in order to be a Mod at hunting.net you have to go through a rigorous regiment of learning to be a complete jagoff [:'(]

Someone came to this site in earnest, without smiley faces in the post, and asked for serious help and you guys ridicule him then make fun of those of us with the fortitude to stand against it. I'll be first in line to rib along when it is necessary and SA u'r right, its not up to me to say when it is necessary, but Matt/PA crossed the line with those remarks. God help anyone who can't see that.
I would think hunting.net would frown upon Mods chasing newbies away from this website for their own laughs.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
New Sheriff

Good lord.......

If you get too scared just cover your eyes with your skirt......but if things get really hairy just flail wildly with your purse, that should do the trick.
If you still can't take it, just crawl into the fetal position and sob softly until it's light enough to see where you threw your purse.

Now if your worried about some knucklehead shooting you in the dark by mistake, just make sure you have some sort of flashlight on (Those LED stylus lights are great).

Otherwise, suck it up.........there's no crying in hunting.
That's my boy Matt.....funniest thing I've read in the bowhunting forum in a long, long time.

Lighten up Francis..

Quick Reply: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.