Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME ! >

Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Old 07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Matt you kill me with that stuff. I was also thinking that if the crazy yahoo does try to attack you, you can always stomp his foot with your high heels.Wait till daylight to go in, people never get attacked in broad daylight. Also USA take your medicine and calm down, it's just a joke.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:55 PM

I think you all got suckered into a long thread about BS! He's not afraid of $#1t
Old 07-29-2005, 01:15 PM

If that's true he now needs to be very afraid. I am real quiet in the dark. BOO!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:44 PM

Sounds like somethinga little Paxil might fix.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

All I can say is that if someone shoots me (or at me) they better kill me on the first shot. Otherwise this 6'5", 292 lb , well armed, US Army infantry trained,
I was impressed until I got to the "US Army infantry trained" part. Then I just laughed.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 PM

It may have been a joke, but that was pretty insensitive. People's admissions of a weakness shouldn't be taken lightly. There's a place for joking, but it didn't even come across to me that way. Sounds like USA had a real,early life traumatic experience that effected him deeply, so he would be more prone to being concerned about this seeming insult. He may need to see things in a lighter sense, but maybe you guys could stand to be more respectful to the concerns of others and their individual traits.Fear is more prevalent than you may be willing to admit. Those that say they fear nothing do have a fear. A fear of being found out.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
usa
Fork Horn

MATT/PA, it doesn't matter how long you or I have been on this site, there's a time and place for everything. When I read HELP in a post I respond accordingly, I didn't see any indication that humor was called for, that being said if you guys like to fun one another thats great, but don't get upset when someone doesn't recognize your brand of humor. This isn't your site, just a site that you frequent so I'm sure that many people take that type of a post seriously. Being afraid of the dark is a debilitating problem and way more prevalent than you probably realize, its easy to say callously " if you are afraid of the dark stay home " but remember we need every voice in our ranks to keep our sport alive and I can promise you that hunting is an endangered tradition. hope you all have a great season !!
Old 08-01-2005, 03:35 AM
g17

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my! sorry couldnt help myself Nothing wrong with bein scared. When I'm afraid of something I look it dead in the eye. Its your emotions way of keepin you on your toes. When some 6'5 292 lb U.S. army traineddude says "I aint goin to jail" I look up about 6 inches and say. "Oh yes you are". If you've ever met a cop or soldier who hasnt been scared. He sits behind a desk.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:04 AM

If you are afraid, then all you have to do is think how safe you are there as opposed to walking down the street. Now that is what scares me.[]
Old 08-01-2005, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LungBuster101

Thanks All that Replied !
I know that when its time too go i will go , weather i want too out not ! I just dont want too run into a Freakin Killer in he woods !
I mean I know it anit likely too happen but them people that told that dude too leave their stand Got shot up real good and they didnt see that happen ! People Like that Freaks My @$$ out !
Me and my Brother were hunting private land. About 8 am a guy comes crashing down thru the woods near my brother. The guy starts looking for a tree to climb, within 20 yards of my bro. When my brother asked him what the heck he was doing, the guy explodes into what seemed like a drug induced tirade. He screams "where the Fart are you?" to my brother. When he located him he then ran to his tree and proceeded to challenge my bro to get down and go at it. He actually wanted to fight over the spot, winner take all. I know for a fact that the guy would have been killed had my brother gotten down, but my brother came to hunt, not fight and he would do anything to get out of fighting the guy. The guy wouldn't leave for awhile. He just stood there taunting my brother with threats and insults. I think that my brother would have been justified in pulling his 9mm and popping the dude, as he was beginning to think there was no way out of the situation and feared that he would soon be defending his life. Be afraid of wackos, be very afraid!

Quick Reply: Scared Of the Dark On Public Land ! HELP ME !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.