Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Were they shooting their own >

Were they shooting their own

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Were they shooting their own

Old 07-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Were they shooting their own

Did anyone see Dream Season last night? They had a shooting contest and I didn't know if they were shooting their own bows or shooting their parterners bows. Quite honestly, if they were shooting their own bows then it was the most disgusting and pathetic thing that I have ever seen as it regards to hunting. It was terrible[:'(][:@]but I didn't see the intro to it so they could have been shooting each other's rig like last year but even if that was the case the shooting was still pretty bad. I do give props to Franzen for not taking the bad shot on the good buck. BUT what was up with all of the spine shooting and missing?[:'(][:@]It was like Rudy Poot U[:@]I have been taking up for the hunting shows lately and quite honestly just haven't seen what a lot of people are so down on but I'll be honest with you. I came away thinking the same way that I assume most anti-hunters do. It seemed like these guys were just slinging arrows out there hoping to hit something[:@]I haven't gotten that impression from them in the past but if you watched last night's show, you would have been hard pressed telling. I like the Drury guys and their videos but I just feel like they painted us in a real bad light last night.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 AM

Default RE: Were they shooting their own

I agree, 5 arrows shot at deer, 2 misses, 2 spines, & 1 good shot... That was on Mark and Terry's show........ I missed the Dream Season.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah. I counted 4 neck shots and 2 gut shots. And then at the end they showed the preview for next week, showing Mark going off on someone for taking an un-ethical shot. Unbelievable, practice like you hunt, you'd think. [:@]Its getting bad.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:10 AM

Didn't see this show, but man did you see Primos!!! That show will get you pumped.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Primos guys and they are all good shots. Will Primos and Will Walker are money in the bank when they drop the string! I couldn't believe all of the bad hits and just plain misses of the 3D targets in the bow competition. It was literally unbelieveable which is what prompted me to think they must have been shooting there partner's bows because if they were shooting their own then none of them should be allowed to hunt with a bow. JMO
Old 07-20-2005, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I saw all the shows. As they were going down the line in the competition I couldn't believe how bad those guys were. They were under a time limit but, man seemed like some of them must really need a long time to aim. Then you go to the later show and 2 blown shots on does. I've spined more deer than the average person, so I can't say much there, but putting all those mishaps together in a short amount of time does look bad. Yesterdays show looked a little bad, but I'll keep watching. In most other shows, they probably just edit the misses.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you think that's bad, watch one of Jackie Bushman's videos and try to keep from hurling.[:'(]
Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Jackie Bushman is an idiot. If it weren't for high fences and feeders on private ranches he'd never shoot a deer. Buckmasters is a joke. I'd rather watch cycling when his show is on.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will tell you this much. I am not a good shot. At least not when you compare me to guys that are really good but I would SMOKE those guys in a bow shoot. I would have come away from that deal looking like Randy Ulmer[:-]
Old 07-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm telling you guys, last year in elk Camp, we had an indivual who was the Founder of a major sports equipment company (one that I'm sure you all heard of). He came with a camera crew and had thehead guild of the outfitter.
The guy (as Arthur P would say) couldn't hita barn from the inside. And I mean it! Our tent wasoff to the side of the range, and everytime he would start practicing we heard arrows deflecting off trees and we had to evacuate the tent.And he was aiming at a full size elk 3d target!
He ended upmissing and then gut shooting anelk.

Quick Reply: Were they shooting their own

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.