Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Were they shooting their own >

Were they shooting their own

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Were they shooting their own

Old 07-20-2005, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Were they shooting their own

I couldnt wait for a thread to start up about last nights show. Wow what were they shooting at? There were only a few good shots out of the group. They e\were all laughing it up but no one was shooting any good. I cant believe they showed that.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watched the show & was not impressed. They were shooting there own bows. They did have a 5-second time limit to shoot. They had to hit the target to score points. The amateus beat the pro's in this contest. Before the contest startedMark told the group, theloosers would be hunting un-scouted land. The loosers would have to scout before they could hunt & then hang there ownstands. The winners got to hunt on pre-scouted land that had stands in place.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well hearing they only had 5 seconds makes me fell a little better but not a lot. I still think in the same format that I could pick up most any random team from this website and shoot circles around them. It sure painted a bad picture.....................
Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I will have to try and catch the replay on Saturday.

As far as the Primos guys goes. I have an inside source that know some of the guys that says these guys are basically required to shoot their bows on their lunch breaks. They say they are always having some kind of competition while shooting.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Next time you are out shooting....count in your mind 5 seconds. It's an eternity
Old 07-20-2005, 10:35 AM

count in your mind 5 seconds. It's an eternity
Not when you have to renock, draw and get on a target and release before it pops back down. I did see the show and was thinking the same thing as all of you but maybe it was harder than it looked. Nevertheless it still cast bowhunters in a bad light.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bet traditional guys would have a field dayin that contest if put against compounds.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

BobCo, I honestly think decent compound shooters should have had a field day with it.Maybe I am wrong and it was harder than it looked but it sure didn't look that hard. The shots looked like they were out there a ways but certainly not out of effective compound range.I can't quit thinking about how inept and just plain sloppy those guys looked[:'(]
Old 07-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

To change the subject a little, did anyone seethe ESPN Great Outdoors Games on Sunday. They had an event where the contestants rode a four wheeler over a bunch of obstacles and then shot three or five arrows at three dot targets down range. Very few hits. The announcer said that it was suppossed to simulate a bow hunt. I didn't see anything that remotely reminded me of my bowhunts. Did anyone else see this?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

BobCo, I honestly think decent compound shooters should have had a field day with it.Maybe I am wrong and it was harder than it looked but it sure didn't look that hard. The shots looked like they were out there a ways but certainly not out of effective compound range.I can't quit thinking about how inept and just plain sloppy those guys looked[:'(]
Iwish I could have seen it. I did see the very end of it when Drury was yelling/complaining about something. But I was settling in for "The Truth".

I did see another show yesterday when a fellow took a neck shot. Killed the deer instantly. But I really don't think it was where he was aiming. It was his first deer with a bow and I thought he was having a heart attack when he was at full draw.

Quick Reply: Were they shooting their own

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.