Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CSS Swampmaster

Old 07-16-2005, 07:19 PM

Default CSS Swampmaster

Hey guys,

I have been looking at and really like the CSS Swampmaster. I am curious as to, are they a good company? If you know anything about CSS, their company, products, etc. I would really appreciate any input you have.

Thanks
Mitch
Old 07-16-2005, 07:22 PM

Default RE: CSS Swampmaster

I can honestly say that I've not heard one negative thing about this company or it's products.

That could be due to the fact that I've never heard of this company or any of it's products...

Hopefully someone out there will know something more helpful.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:29 PM

I hope so to..
Old 07-16-2005, 07:35 PM

I just bought a SwitchBack, but had shot a Swampmaster for the past 3 years.

CSS was started by Chuck Nease, an accomplished 3D archer and hunter, who has been involved in the industry for quite some time (he was with Mountaineer Archery also). I met Chuck several years ago, and it seemed he was on the verge of busting CSS to the next level. I went to his house, where he had built all CSS bows and watching him build my bow to fit me...was pretty cool! He was securing some big contracts, had some good backing and even at one point had Ed McPherson on board as his company president.

I have since lost touch with Chuck, haven't spoken to him since the world's last year and he sold his interest, staying on as President, to Richwood Industries....to create Richwood/CSS Archery. Richwood is a WV business that deals in machining and producing a variety of products, some I believe dealing with the mining industry. One of their newer archery items, Tunerz, seems to be getting some favorable reviews.

That being said, I can't really speak for the service etc. associated with Richwood. I can say that the Swampmaster is a great little bow. Good speed, good accuracy and well built...it served me very, very well. I have no idea what other bows you are considering, or even what a Swampmaster is going for...but I think you would be happy with it.

An interesting note...the Swampmaster was built to the specs for Mitch Rompola and was used to kill the infamous Rompola buck...(not to start a debate on this subject, just an interesting note).
Old 07-16-2005, 07:50 PM

Thanks for you help Spring.

I have a Swampmaster loaded out with pretty much med end gear for 650
Sounds reasonable to me, but not sure

Mitch
Old 07-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know if this is anything that you haven't seen before, but they do talk about the company in these reviews. There are 3 reviews for different CSS bows in this: http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews/index.htm

Hope it helps a little. Sounds like a good, small company.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot several CSS bows last year. All impressed me as solid well made. Very shootable and quiet.