Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hiding from more than whitetails >

Hiding from more than whitetails

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hiding from more than whitetails

Old 07-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hiding from more than whitetails

[:-]Where I hunt the only thing left is Corp.Of Engineer property on the lake.All the hunting land has been leased to those high paying hunters from the bigger cities.Most of them never even show up long enoughto do anything but drink alot of beer and trash up the place.
What sucks is on corp. propertythey hired a bunch of young kids to run around and mark peoples stands with tags.Corp.laws say that you must occupy your stand once every 24 hours or they remove your stand.You must sighn these tags or come back to find your stand gone.
#1-Forget putting up an early stand and leaving it to settle.
#2-I got a bunch of idiots running all over the place messing with peoples stand stinking them up.
Last year I played their game and did I guess a great hiding job of my stand because everyone else got tagged but mine.Knock on Wood.But as I say These guys walk around all year long.
Is this what its going to be like for the rest of us that can't afford a big deer lease.[:@]
Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 PM

Default RE: Hiding from more than whitetails

Daggone....I feel for you Bubba. Slip one of those jokers a $20 or keep hiding your stand like you did last season.

Maybe you can "pattern" the stand checkers and use them as unknowing drivers....
Old 07-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I believe it is. Already in PA we are seeing everything head in that direction...though it isn't there yet. I hunt primarily public land but feel for those folks who are accustomed to a friendly handshake with the landowner being taken away in favor of a contract and thousands of dollars a year.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's ruining our sport.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't feel sorry for any you . Get off your ass and hunt ! Go where others don't , see what others don't see , do what others don't do . That's exactly what I've done , and I don't lack somewhere to hunt . Get off your lazy asses and just hunt ! Whiners !! You call yourself Okies ?Leave your home , knock on doors , pitch hay bales if you have to if that gets you a place to hunt, but ask to hunt and be prepared to earn it. There ain't no such thing as free hunting anymore unless you ask for it . Knock on doors and be prepared to hear "No." You'll hear it a lot unless you give the landowner a reason to think differently .

How persuasive can you be ? Think about it before you reply and castigate me . What have you really done to secure your hunting future ? What about your kids ? Have you secured a place for them to hunt ? If you can't answer these questions don't bother togive me any schitt . I have more places to hunt than I can ever use , can you say the same ? I didn't think so . Get off you ass and ask , and be prepared to offerfar more than you ask , then you can say what I just did .
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 PM

Okay, I don't know if I can follow a post as good as that last one

I for one fell bad for you guys. I have seen it happening to my buddies here in PA. The buck herd is improving and the landowners that use to allow them to hunt for free or for some extra meat/work are now looking for one thing..... cash. They see those dollar bills and thats all they care about!
Old 07-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I don't feel sorry for any you . Get off your ass and hunt ! Go where others don't , see what others don't see , do what others don't do . That's exactly what I've done , and I don't lack somewhere to hunt . Get off your lazy asses and just hunt ! Whiners !! You call yourself Okies ?Leave your home , knock on doors , pitch hay bales if you have to if that gets you a place to hunt, but ask to hunt and be prepared to earn it. There ain't no such thing as free hunting anymore unless you ask for it . Knock on doors and be prepared to hear "No." You'll hear it a lot unless you give the landowner a reason to think differently .

How persuasive can you be ? Think about it before you reply and castigate me . What have you really done to secure your hunting future ? What about your kids ? Have you secured a place for them to hunt ? If you can't answer these questions don't bother togive me any schitt . I have more places to hunt than I can ever use , can you say the same ? I didn't think so . Get off you ass and ask , and be prepared to offerfar more than you ask , then you can say what I just did .

edited: to remove slang word for anus , which could be considered a personal attack , and replace with a pic that sums up my feelings about your little temper tantrum quite nicely!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

Can't compete with that, well said.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: springgobbler

Daggone....I feel for you Bubba. Slip one of those jokers a $20
A 20 is always with my tags. I don't leave home without it.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:36 AM

I'm supposed to believe that if you guys complaining about leasing, had a resource that would provide you with a few thousand dollars a year in incomethat you would let someone have it for free? I doubt it.

Quick Reply: Hiding from more than whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.