Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who got you into hunting? >

Who got you into hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who got you into hunting?

Old 07-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Who got you into hunting?

My brother who's a year younger than me got me into bow hunting 5 years ago. I took my daughter out w/ me during my 2nd year because I didn't want her to miss out on all of the years ofenjoyment of mother nature and the thrill of the hunt that I missed. I'm 36 & this is my 5th season, when my daughter's my age, she'll have 27 years under her belt.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who got you into hunting?

That's excellent new's that your getting your daughter out hunting woith you ,I try to get mine out occassionally with me but it'll be thier decision whether they participate or not ,I can only hope they see what i see in this sport .
As for hunting ,my father started me hunting with gun's when i was very very young .He would take us rabbit hunting and my brother and I would take our air gun's to hunt rabbit's LOL.I took up the hunting ,but my brother ,well he did not .
As for Bowhunting a good friend of mine had tried for year's to get me to bowhunt ,but I wouldn't even consider it ,until one day he said this season we will have a contest between the 2 of us and if You win I'll hunt with you by rifle , and I win you have to try a bow .The bet was who would get the best buck ,I was laughing all the way to the bank when I shot a nice looking 6 point ,I had almost forgot all about him ,when the second last day of bow season he showed up with a beauty of an 8 point and I've never looked back
Bowhunting is a very big part of my life now and I' very ratrely ever take out my firearm's .

nubo
Old 07-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is simply part of my families lifestyle. My father took me at a very young age. Best of luck to you and your daughter. My son's are 2 and 4 and love the outdoors and animals. We live way out in the country so they can grow up with the mountains all around them.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

We were poor and lived on a farm.My dad said go shoot that rabbit or starve
Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I was raised in a very depressing family. There was no love at all. I had a very strict step- father. My step- dad hunted maybe twice a year and would not take me. The shotgun and rabbits he brought back stirred me up inside. It looked really neat. At age 14 he gave me permission to use his 410. I loved it. Not only for the chaase but the hours of a peaceful woods away from the hell. I hunted or fished about everyday.I am a Christian so I am never by myself.
Chuck
Old 07-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

My father got me into hunting when I was no more than 3 years old. Back then I would just tag along of course but growing up doing that and seeing the passion that he had for itand how much he enjoyed made me want to do it also. Of course, once I was old enough to start carrying a gun of my own and taking game and experiencing the thrill and enjoyment of the hunt, then I was forever hooked.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Dad got me into hunting. Much as in your case my father started hunting later in life. I believe he was around 27 or so. He wanted to start my hunting experience early so that I wouldn't miss out on what he did. My son, at age 3, can already count points on a buck's antlers and has two dinky little bows to shoot.....and, boy, does he shoot.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got me into hunting. My dad, although I credit him with getting me into fishing, never hunted and my mom was always dead set against it. Some local kids that were older got into trouble by mis-using their long bows, and rather than having it confiscated by the authorities, one kids parents gave me a bow. I was probably about 8-9 yeaars old. I loved it. Got pretty good with it too. I used to tell my parents I'm going hunting, and they thought it was cute. The local cottontail population probably didn't tho... I didn't continually shoot, I only spent the summers in upstate NY, lived in the city pretty much til I was 27. In my early 20's I did buy a compound bow to get back into archery. Spent a lot more time on the range than in the woods, but did get back into shooting. Time got tight between family and work, and I quit shooting for a dozen years. Now I'm back into it with my BowTech!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

My father introduced me to hunting when I was little and could only tag along. As I got older my interests unfortunately focused on friends and girls. Plus we didn't have access to many places to hunt. Then 8yrs ago my brother married his wife and we got access to all kinds of excellent hunting ground through her family. Each year since my passion for hunting has increased significantly, now I can't imagine my future without it. Hopefully some day I'll own land that I can raise my kids on and bring them into a life of hunting.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:29 AM

My father introduced me to fishing and shooting. Although he wasn't against hunting, we never did that together. A friend in middleschool got me started hunting squirrels but I credit myself for getting into bowhunting. I didn't start until I was 20 but I shot a 6 pointer my first year. I was hooked after that.

Quick Reply: Who got you into hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.