Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System >

ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System

Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 AM

Default ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System

Does anyone out there have this camo suit. I was thinking about picking up 1 up this year, just wanted to hear some pro's and con's about it.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System

When you are trying to decide on size then just order what you typically would for a jacket or sweatshirt. I typically wear 2XL tops and XL bottoms so ordered the 2XL suit size. It is then baggy enough to put on over any other insulating clothing you might need to wear in the late season while still being cut in such a way as not to be cumbersome to wear over lighter clothing in the early season.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:11 AM

I love my suit. I have absolutely no complaints about it. I love the pattern and the fact you can wear anything underneath it.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:56 AM

I have the ASAT 3D leafy suit and I love it. I was talking to Buckeybowhntr, who sells the suit, and he said they came out with a new style. I am interested to see what the new style looks like. Hopefully Buckeye sees this posts and gives us a little hint as to the new design.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:16 AM

Thats awesome. The one on their website is the newly designed one.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is another one of my "For What its Worth" replies.

If you are going to wear it in the tree stand over your insulated clothes in colder weather then order your normal size and as has been stated in will easily fit. If however you planned on hunting in warm weather, for example chasing elk up and down the mountains in the early part of the season, you will be sorely disappointed by ordering your normal size. I know in my case I could have one two sizes smaller than what I have and be happier than a hound with two tales.

You may also have to modify your bow arm by trimming some of the "leaves" from the sleeve. I know I had to do that on mine. To keep it from fraying I gingerly touched each piece I cut with fire. Just be very carefull that you don't catch the suit on fire because it could easily happen. All the more reason not to wear this suit (or any other nylon type of leafy suit) by a campfire.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Spike

For what it's worth—I sell ASAT as well—but didn't have any interest in promoting/selling it until after I had "field tested" it myself.

I have worn it 3 times this Spring and Summer while trying to photograph deer on our property. After 19 years of hunting—I can honestly say I've never felt more concealed or confident in a camo product—the stuff simply is amazing! I've been able to slowly "move onto" 6 deer in an open clover plot. I've had several deer within ranges of 15-35 yards of me, while standing behind a tripod at the edge of our plots. I've had them several times look directly in my direction—and I've yet to get picked off or even spook a deer. If you go to www.asatcamo.com, and go to the "What you're saying" section—the first "email" is mine to Chuck Pensyl after the first two times I wore the ASAT 3-D suit to the field. Needless to say, I was convinced!

As for the "new style"—they simply implemented a new way to "chain stitch" the leafy material to the base mesh. If you've ever seen the original 3-D suit—the leafy material lays somewhat flat until/unless the wind raises it. For the new style, they implemented a "heat treatment" which constricts the chain stitching and raises/crumples the leafy material. Basically, it just ehances the actual "third dimension" aspect of the suit. On even a slightly breezy day, you can easily see the leafy material moves naturally with the wind—giving a realistic property.

They are also supposed to release a Scent-Lok version sometime this Summer—but considering the 3-D suit is an "over-system"—you can of course wear any current scent-eliminating, rain gear, etc. under it as it currently is.

For what it's worth—show me another camo manufacturer who will offer a money back guarantee for their products?

I'd say the only "con" to the ASAT products is that they just haven't marketed it aggressively enough to the consumer. Like I said, this is the first year in 19 that I've worn ASAT—and I'll not "go back" to the mainstream camo as long as ASAT is around—it's that good. I wish I had found out about it much sooner!

Old 07-12-2005, 01:11 PM

i would buy it if it came with scent-loc
Old 07-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Spike

newman,

If you already have Scent-Lok gear—you could simply wear it under the 3-D suit. Otherwise, just watch their site to see when they release it.

Feel free to email me personally if you'd prefer—and I'll update you once they have it available.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:35 PM

i currently do not have scent-lok of any kind and am looking to get some this year,but there is so much stuff out there right now it's hard to chooseplus i don't have alot of money to spend .

Quick Reply: ASAT Camo Ultimate Leafy 3-D System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.