Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Winner's Choice

Old 06-26-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Winner's Choice

What's your take on this company and the strings they provide?

I took my bow in the 22nd the have their strings and cables put on my bow, in your experience how do you feel about their product?
Old 06-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Default RE: Winner's Choice

I have heard they make a great string, butI heardtheir new string has a thin serving on it. You cannot serve a drop away rest in the cables, or put string leeches on.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM

I just put Winner's Choice string and cables on my Reflex and really like the product. The cables have a proprietary coating on them that prevent serving being attached very effectively. However, if you go to their website, they have very simple instructions and pictures on tying a drop away rest to the down cable (you simply tie a string loop knot to the cable with the cord from the rest, and put several knots on the cable with serving thread above that to prevent it from sliding up the cable). Also, the strings can be opened up and string leaches installed (I have them on mine), just like they can be separated to install a peep.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:43 PM

I have used WC strings on all 4 of my bows and have put them on several of my friends bows. Not one problem in the past 4 years. It is the only string
i will use. no peep rotation, not stretch on my oldest string. A little pricey but worth it for a great product.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:46 PM

Hunohoio, thanks for correcting me. I heard that you could not put string leeches through the string in the chat, but Iwasn't 100% sure it was correct.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know that this is true or not but according to an online archery store who carries Winner's Choice products uses 8125 material?

I use my local pro shop who makes a very good string and set of cables at a reasonable price. Last string for me he used Ultracam which is ok, but I am going to ensure he uses 452 or 452X material on my next string.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:51 PM

I have been using a winners choice string for 2 years now on my Hoyt Razortec and it is still going strong.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:21 PM

I'm not sure if what they're made out of Coug, but I'm going to be really dissapointed if I just dropped about $80 on strings and cables made of 8125. I've heard better things about strings made of 452 and 452X.

Though I suppose it's a good thing that the money was my father's and not mine this time around!

Our deal was that if he sets the bows up with new strings and cables I'll buy the arrows this year.

His $160 for strings to my $210 for arrows. Hmm, who got the raw end of the deal?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Winners choice standard strings are made of 8125. However you can request other materials such as 452, D-75 thin, ultracam, and TS1.

All of their strings are made with fibers that have been prestreched before the string is made and once installed and shot a minimal number of times they will not ever move on you again. They also serve their strings in such a way that they guarantee no serving separation for one year. Even on the very sharply turned corners on modules.

I have used WC strings and others and I still think that the WC strings and cables are a better string. They are a little pricey but once your bow is tuned it stays tuned. The peace of mind knowing that nothing is ever going to move on you is worth the extra money IMHO.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:55 PM

for $5 worth of materials they sure do have a nice profit margin.

Quick Reply: Winner's Choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.