Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
No Bow quiver for me >

No Bow quiver for me

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Bow quiver for me

Old 09-21-2002, 08:51 AM

Default No Bow quiver for me

A few years back, I took the bow quiver off my bow whenever I went up a tree and just hung it where I could easily get to the arrows. I did this, because I didn't like the fact that the quiver itself would make noise when the bow was shot, and heaven forbid if you have an arrow not fully imbedded in the foam. Tons of noise then. Occasionally, I will ground hunt and I really dislike having a bow quiver attached during those hunts. I'm looking for a quiver that will be easy to haul up a tree, yet be relatively out of the way on a ground hunt. Anyone using such a quiver that they would recommend?

Old 09-21-2002, 09:49 AM

Default RE: No Bow quiver for me

I am also like you and NEVER hunt with the quiver on my bow. I use a 6-arrow Quicky Quiver. I also bought a different attachment, like the one that fits on the bow, and have mounted it to the railing on my climber. After I get settled into my stand the quiver comes off my bow and into the attachment mounted on my climber. The arrows are always easy to reach and always out of your way.

GB

Smack 'em where it hurts!

Edited by - GaBowman on 09/21/2002 10:50:32
Old 09-21-2002, 10:01 AM

Default RE: No Bow quiver for me

I use the 3 arrow Kwikee Quiver.
I go one extra step with it, I take off the small red spring tab that locks the quiver on the bow. The quiver still stays put while stalking and there is less chance of noise. It also make it easier to take on and off the bow while in the stand.
You can get a Kwikee Quiver for under 20 bucks.

Mathews Ultra2

Edited by - Kaos on 09/21/2002 11:04:12