Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow sights???

Old 06-13-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Bow sights???

I wanted to get some opinions on bow sights. I'm looking for a sight that has small diameter pins, but still gathers light well. I'm probably more interested in the light gathering capability. I have a "Smart Sight" (don't know if they even make them anymore) with lighted pins, but I don't think it's legal in the state I'm going elk hunting in this fall. And, no I'm not a poacher, I just like to see my pins deep in the thickets during the critical minutes of the hunt. Thanks in advance fro your thoughts. 4buck
Old 06-13-2005, 07:00 AM

Default RE: Bow sights???

I think the best thing you could do is go to a pro-shop and look at them all. Pick out something that you like and that's in your price range. If a dozen guys answer you on this, you'lll probably get 8-10 different answers.

Good luck, Kev
Old 06-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Vital bow gear has some very bright sights....
Old 06-13-2005, 07:25 AM

I use the Cobra sights. They are very bright.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm looking for a sight that has small diameter pins, but still gathers light well.
I, like you, prefer a small diameter pin on my compound. However, I do not like a sight that is too bright. A "Halo" around the pin will blur the target somewhat. I have a sure-loc leathal weapon on the compound, and it has worked well for me.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Many of the new fiber optic sights available have excessive amounts of fiber wrapped around teh sight.....in many cases, several feet. The sight that started it all, the Impact Cosmic Eclipse, is still one of the brightest around though several other companies have caught on to its success. Speaking of which, the Cobra Sidewinder might suit your needs. Plenty of fiber optic cable for a bright pin with a small diameter head. I would start your search there.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

one thing we have found with these longer fiber optic sights, like the cobra sidewinder with so many feet of the stuff, is that fiberoptic is very brittle. im using a pse top gun sight, it doesnt have all of that, but the sight is all metal, the pins are small enough for me, and the pins are bright enough for everything i have ever been into yet.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the HHA Optimizers. I love mine.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:35 PM

Spott Hogg gets my vote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Spott Hogg gets my vote
Mine too specially after I just modified the fiber optic in bow my Hogg-it's

Quick Reply: Bow sights???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.