Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow sights???

Old 06-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow sights???

Love myBlack Gold Dusk Devil 2 ,with devils tail micro pins. Very bright with very small pins.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second the HHA Optimizer, if you don't mind a one pin sight. I just got the Optimizer 5500 on my bow, which is the one with the rheostat that allows me to adjust the amount of exposed fiber-optic cable and thus the brightness of the pin. It has 5 ft of fiber-optic cable, so it is very bright. The pin is also smaller than most sights I've looked at. The sight is also among the best constructed on the single-pins I looked at, which is why I picked it.

Mike
Old 06-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure Loc Lethal Weapon II.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Spike

I like the Impact line for brightness. I have the Cosmic—and it's as bright as anyone would need. Only drawback for some is that it's a single pin sight—though it's adjustable. The "pin" size is a bit larger than some may care for as well—but doesn't really bother me.

I just recently put a new Toxonics K9 Mag sight on my bow. Love it!!! I don't have a need for 5 pins for hunting—but the extra pins can be slid out of the way.

The magnification feature is outstanding. Makes target acquisition much easier and faster—and also will likely make locating "unseen" limbs and obstructions easier in hunting conditions. Toxonics added the spooled fiber feature to their sights this year—and they're nice and bright. Also, for anyone who doesn't like "plastic" on their sights—the Toxonics K9 series are all aluminum sights—with steel pins.

Both are great sights—now I just have to decide which one I like better, LOL.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Question about fibers - where did you get them and did you have trouble finding the right size ie: .019 and .025?
Old 06-14-2005, 05:03 PM

I think the best thing you could do is go to a pro-shop and look at them all. Pick out something that you like and that's in your price range. If a dozen guys answer you on this, you'll probably get 8-10 different answers.
I agree
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Poluke

Question about fibers - where did you get them and did you have trouble finding the right size ie: .019 and .025?
Poluke.

I got the fiber optic from here http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/danise/cart.pl?db=stuff.dat&category=fluorescentfiber

The .5mm .02" fits perfectly into my .019 pins and costs $1.95 per 3 feet

If you have .029 pins then the .75mm .03" will do the trick and it costs $2.65 per 3 feet.

I ordered 3 feet of green,yellow and red the fiber cost me $5.85 plus $1.50 shipping and handling.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use one Metro-light Tritium pin on an old 6" cobra bracket.It works well in fading light but not that great when it's light outside. I'mthinking of looking into the Tru-glo and Cobra line of sights. A friend of mine has the cobramini ascent with .029 pinsthat i like and i'm thinking ofbuying that one and maybe putting a tru-glo fiber optic tritium pin on it.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree about the sights from impact--I've got the cosmic combined with the no-peep and i can shoot right up until dark without searching for my pin or having a peep sight blocking out that last little bit of light.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The dusk devil is nice and bright , much better quality than the cosmic sights , they are made of too much plastic , and are too flimsy for me . The spot hogs are tough but not as bright , in fact spot hogs got to be the strongest sight made .

Quick Reply: Bow sights???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.