Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How Many Hunt Moose? >

How Many Hunt Moose?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Many Hunt Moose?

Old 06-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Many Hunt Moose?

ive wanted to hunt moose forever, but the good people at the wyoming game and fish have just not yet decided to give me permission for this endeavor.
Its a shame our government requires non resident moose hunters to use a tourist outfitters because I would love to swap hunts with you. I went to Wyoming last fall for antelope and saw more antelope and mule deer than I ever imagined. Every local we spoke to got a gleam in thier eyes when we talked about moose hunting but elk hunting to them seemed almost hohum ! There are some outfitters in Ontario that are not that expensive and with the exchange rate its a better bargain than you think. Don't overlook Ontario for moose, and Quebec for caribou also. PM me I can point you in the right direction.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Depending on the time I have I usually spend a week or so every year chasing moose with my bow (need to be drawn to rifle hunt them). Pretty good moose population within an hour or so from my house. The area is all swamps and muskeg surrounded by thick spruce, willows and poplars plus quite a few cut blocks......moose heaven.

When I was still living in BC we would go every year and always fill our tags.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been applying every year for 10 years and still no tag! With any luck I will come to find some money and head to Canada for a bowhunt someday. Seems that will be the only way I will ever make it happen.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:29 AM

I've been on just one moose hunt and I was a permitee or the sub-permitee. I've been trying to draw a tag for almost 15 years and have yet to get drawn. On the bright side, at least my money os going to a good cause
Old 06-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

I love hunting moose with a bow its such a rush to get within bow range of those enormous animals. when you call them in its fun to watch b/c they come in swaying and mad beyond belief.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

here is a pic of the last moose i killed
Old 06-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowhuntt!

He's a real beauty ,i know as well just what a rush it can be to see these giant's of the swamp come in with head down and swaying looking for a scrap .Congrat's to you .
Moose hunting with a bow is one of the best ultimate rush's a bowhunter can feel in North America.

nubo