Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many acres do you hunt? >

How many acres do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many acres do you hunt?

Old 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Default RE: How many acres do you hunt?

well the farmer that me and a friend hunt on is right around 1500 acres. but about 800 is wooded and able to hunt. it is great land to hunt on, lots of deer and many food sources for the deer. including clover, corn, soy beans, alfalfa, hay, and wheat.

Zach
Old 07-25-2005, 05:25 AM

not a lot of land is privately owned up here compared to the public land available, I put my backpack on, start hiking and in one day I am in areas that I never see another hunter.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:04 AM

My friend and hunting buddy has 11 acres with his house on it. 10 acres are wooded with a stream running through it. It is surrounded by woods and farm land so it's a nice deer highway so to speak.

I also hunt a lot of public land.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:09 AM

4,000 acres of private land.

3,800 of which is wooded.

200 is dedicated to alfalfa.

I also hunt public land.

In my previous post I mentioned we used to hunt 4,500 acres which was reduced to 150 due to the selling of the majority of the land. Since then we've gained permission from the new landowner to hunt 4,000 acres of his land.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Lake County, IL I have access to several hundred acres of land that my dad and I have sole deer hunting rights to. Unfortunately we're swamped with trespassers - both hunters and non-hunters, and nearly every piece of land surrounding us is built up with homes and they keep closing in tighter and tighter on us. Unfortunately we don't have permission to hunt all of the land owned by the people who give us permission - mostly due to past bad experiences with hunters in the past. Although we do get a little bit more and more permission every year, we have plenty of spots to go and lots of big deer to shoot at.

Myself, Christine, and a buddy of mine also picked up a 112 acre lease down in Effingham County this year as well. I'll be making a few trips down there this fall, but I'd really like to concentrate my efforts here at home. We saw some monsters last year that I'm sure are only going to be bigger this fall. Although I do have a nice 5 day trip planned to Effingham Nov 5th - 9th.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I have access to lots of acreage , both public and private , but I may just hunt my own 10 acre woods this year with a side trip or two to a bud's place by a really great lake .
Old 07-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

a lot, we have permission to go on almost everyones property, in cluding our 5 acres. it is about 50-50 with bush and feilds

CC
Old 07-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt on my own property where I live (38 acres), and the 65 acres that my immediate familyowns that adjoins it. It is all woods.

I also hunt on our hunt club lease of 1000 acres. It's about 60/40 woods/pasture.

I have several friends that invite me to hunt different places with them...no idea how much land it is total.Some are small tracts, some larger.I might hit them a couple times a year.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 PM

23 acres in Michigan, 29 in Indiana (private, I am the only one who hunts on this property)
Old 07-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

1500 private acres in Poolesville Maryland exclusive rights. 850 acres of soy and corn, 650 acres of pine. hardwoods and creek bottom.

2650 acres in Hagerstown Maryland, 2 Menonite farms, 5 people including myself have rights.

Multiple small (20 acres or less) properties for bow hunting only.

Quick Reply: How many acres do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.