Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

differant bows

Old 06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
jkb

Default differant bows

I went to the new Gander Mountain store that just opened by my home.I wanted to see their shooting range.While I was there the guy running the shop had aPSE for $650.00 dollars.I shot the best Parker bow they had also which was suppose to be the top of the line.Then numerous others.Everyone of them I shot I felt a large tremble in my wrist when I shot .Makes me wonder why anyone would pay 650 bucks for something like that when I payed 638 for my switchback.Which I might add was fast and smoother than anything they had.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: differant bows

Good question but I might first ask what type of setup was on those bows that you shot at Gander Mountain. If the guy was trying to impress you with speed then he might have had a relatively light arrow/heavy draw weight setup on those bows thus producing more recoil and vibration. On the other hand the Switchback is a top of the line bow designed specifically for low recoil/vibration and low noise so comparing it to just about anything else may not be entirely fair.

The prices people are asking for some bows is another issue entirely......
Old 06-03-2005, 05:42 PM
jkb

Default RE: differant bows

I am new to this bow hunting yes I agree with you on differant equipment on bow makes a world of differance ( it didn't cross my mine at the time) but if I had a price tag like that on something I would damn sure make it as nice as possible.It did make me feel good when I shot mine again afterwards.
thanks for the enlightment