Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unbelievable ethics >

Unbelievable ethics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable ethics

Old 06-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Unbelievable ethics

What ETHICS
Old 06-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd report him in
Old 06-06-2005, 06:32 AM

An old friend came to visit our hunting farm a few years back to hunt a warthog and impala, as a present from my father. He was only practicing for something like 4 months with and old Pro-Line. This is what happened that day: He missed the first warthog completely by being over exited, couldn’t find the arrow due to all the thorn bushes around the waterhole/hide. The next one was a good hit and he saw it go down while following the blood trail. He spooked some impalas on their way to the water and decided to go back to the hide and wait for them. After a while they returned and he arrowed a decent ram.
We arrived a few hours afterwards and follow the blood trail of the arrowed impala. Somehow the ram managed to burst through the game fence into the neighboring farm. We decided to first collect the warthog and arrange with the neighbor to collect the ram later that day. The downed warthog was nowhere to be found and it took some serious tracking to find it again. One of the trackers crossed a second warthog track with a “not so wonderful” blood trail. We took the dead pig back to the waterhole/truck and searched for the first “clean miss” arrow that we found also covered with blood. With daylight fading, we failed to track the wounded pig.
We located both the next day by following the vultures and managed to save some of the meat.
I still got his bow on my wall; he stopped hunting completely and still blames himself for being to impatient.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:38 PM
jkb

I agree with the punch in the nose and call game wardens.I shot a hog and it didnt bleed and ran off about 50 yards in very thick brush and briers.I looked until after dark for her.I really hoped I had made a bad shot andbarely hit her and she would live.I was sick that my nose found this hog three days later.That guy is not a hunter or sportsman.He should lose his hunting previlages.What an ass
Old 06-18-2005, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigboar23

I have actually bowhunted places in New Jersey where you could pull off shooting 5 deer in one sat stand, so he might not be lying about that part. The overpopulation is so bad due to loss of habitat that they're dying in swimming pools after shots. Now that's sad, but back to this guy.....I agree with the karma thing............"THE JUNGLE HAS IT'S OWN JUSTICE"

In Jersey you can shoot a doe, then check it in, get another tag, etc.

For permit shotgun you are allowed to take 2 deer at a timebefore having to check them in, then obtain 2 more tags and go back.

In certain Deer Management Zones