Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What arrowrest do you use. >

What arrowrest do you use.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What arrowrest do you use.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:50 PM

Default RE: What arrowrest do you use.

I just looked them up. For $50 I don't think I could go wrong. I was looking into a drop away, but had a hard time justifying spending $100+ . I'll have to pick one up and start playing with it.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only suggestion I can make is if you're going to keep using the 4" QuikSpins fletch them with a very, very slight offset. The tolerances on the 360* rest are super tight and fletching clearance can be an issue if they're too far offset. My 2.25" vanes just arrived in the mail today so I'll be shooting them by this weekend.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:41 PM

For those of you who are looking for a rest similar to the biscuit without the fletching contact and aren't already familiar with the NAP QuikTune360, you should really look into it.

you also aught to check into APA its a smaller company I think but it makes an awesome rest. nock it forget it yet no fletch contact.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vital Bow Gear Ultimate fall away. Because it tunes well on my bow and it holds the arrow in place while on the stand.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:49 PM

The only suggestion I can make is if you're going to keep using the 4" QuikSpins fletch them with a very, very slight offset. The tolerances on the 360* rest are super tight and fletching clearance can be an issue if they're too far offset.
the offset I am shooting is pretty liberal. So this will probably not work for me. But, I will check with the pro shop and we'll check it out for sure. Thanks for the input Justin.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am trying a rip cord drop away, and the trophy taker drop away as well. Both are excellent drop aways. Between the two I am starting to like the rip cord the best because it cradles the arrrow in its forks and is almost inpossible to have your arrow fall off when hunting. Here's a link to what the Rip Cord looks like..... [link]http://www.mountain-archery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1365[/link]
Old 06-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

longrifle1000
Non Typical

Status: offline RE: What arrowrest do you use. (in reply to longrifle1000)

I just looked them up. For $50 I don't think I could go wrong. I was looking into a drop away, but had a hard time justifying spending $100+ . I'll have to pick one up and start playing with it.
Just to let you know not all drop aways are $100 or over, I paid $70 at my local pro-shop for my Rip Cord drop away.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:30 AM

Bodoodle Zapper 400....built tough...and the arrow stays put.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:10 AM

I still use my good ole Star Hunter Rest. I have bought several drop away rests
and liked the ripcord the best for drop aways. I just find myself going back to
the ole trusty Star Hunter that I have confidence in.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had so much success with my whisker biscuit that I'm in no hurry to change but if I decide to the NAP QuikTune360 looks interesting.

Quick Reply: What arrowrest do you use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.