Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Bows

Old 05-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Diamond Bows

I'm currently in the stages of replacing my old Darton. I would like to go with another darton, and was looking towards a maverick, but i would like a bow a shorter axle to axle length. I was looking at the Parker UL 31, until I came across the Diamond Triumph. It's a little over a lb heavier than the parker, but that's fine with me. Through Cabela's I could get the diamond for about 470 dollars, which I feel is a pretty good price for a quality bow. If anybody had any experience with the diamond line of bows, let me know what you think about them. Also if you have any suggestions for any other shorter model bows that are around 500 dollars, also let me know here. Thanks

Also, i was looking around a local bow shop the other day, they sell renegade bows. These are pretty sweet lookings bow, can anybody tell me how they feel about these.

One more bow I have to throw in there for everyone to tell me about. I came across while looking over the classifieds on this website.
It is a Bowtech Extreme SD. what ya'll think??
Old 05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Diamond Bows

I Have shoot Diamond bows for about 7 years now. I have the POISON model. I have never had any problems with it at all. It is quiet and fast. Bowtech recently purchased Diamond Archery so getting parts for them and finding dealers won,t be any problem. Good luck. I shoot Beman ICS 400 arrows with Thunder Head 100 grain broadheads. With peep and string silencers and 70 pound limbs, I,m shooting 298 fps. Good luck.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am currently shooting the Victory Dual cam its one sweet shooting bow.
very little to no hand shock and for a Dual cam it is quite.

Not a speed burner but I am getting decent speeds out of it my set up is 60lb 28" draw 410 gr AC Super Slims 245fps, it will stack the arrows on top of each other as long as I do my part
Old 05-31-2005, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Diamond Triumph and plan on using it as my hunting bow for this season. The bow is very well put together in terms of overall design and component fit. Shot feel lends itself to a small amount of recoil but with no vibration and a low noise level. Speeds are very respectable. If memory serves me I was getting around 270 fps with a 440 grain arrow...65 pound draw weight, 30.5 inch draw length and a full setup bowstring. Its diminuitive size and average weight should make it a pleasure to tote around the woods. I also believe that its large brace height should make it somewhat forgiving while also providing good string clearance for bulky clothing.

Hope this is what you were looking for.