Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
CBS REPORTS    ARROW IN HEAD >

CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

Old 09-19-2002, 08:28 PM

Default RE: CBS REPORTS ARROW IN HEAD

i also hope she is okay. you should never leave a child alone no matter how safe he or she is when shooting a bow.my son has been taught safety since he was old enough to hold a play gun ,but i want let him shoot alone and hes 12 years old now. always look at what is behind your target you can never be to safe.

tracey moore
Old 09-19-2002, 10:15 PM

I didn't say anything about this in my earlier post. But after hearing the story, the first thing that popped into my mind was a kid shooting a bow that is too big, and/or too much draw weight. Only reason I say that is because I've seen kids several times at 3-D shoots, or just at a range that when they go to pull their bow back, their bow arm is waving up in the air, or swaying way left and right, obviously too much poundage for them. I once switched groups during a 3-D shoot because a younger kid in our group would darn near fall over trying to get his bow drawn. Maybe not the case here, just reminded me of that.

--Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs--
Old 09-20-2002, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
WEll he never said it had a broad head on it, field tips can go through someones head!! well i hope she turns out alright.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Whoops, your right, I thought I read that the arrow had a broadhead on it. My mistake. Still, what are the chances given the circumstances.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

wow! listen to this story,,,,,, i worked for a contractor friend, industrial land with houses right there and a wooden picket fence but thank god the grade went up 6 feet,, as far as i can tell this guy got pissed off when we started the dump truck at 8 am one morning,,,, the truck was running and i was hooking the trailer on a hea rsssssssssssssssssssfffffffffttttttuuuuuuhhhhhhh and im like wow that sounded like an arrow right over my head, thinking a brake line blew on the truck, i looked at them all,, no leaks,,,, brakes worked fine and went on my way,,,, im at the job site i filled the truck and go to unroll the tarp on top and it wont move, i get up to inspect and there's an arrow stuck in it!! i was almost killed! i called the cops and inspected the scene from the morning and there was a hole blown threw the fence and a 3-d deer on the other side,,,,,,,, the cops didnt do anything saying they think a neighbor was shooting and he doesnt use that type arrow he showed me!! imagine!!!!!!! hows that!!
Old 09-21-2002, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats horrible. I hope she is ok. Prayers are on the way.

Brian