Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just wondering

Old 05-23-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Just wondering

Am I reading some of these threads correct in saying that Bowtech is having a lot of cracked limbs lately or am I reading something into it thats not there? Just wondering because my plans are is to get a Bowtech for my next bow.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just wondering

If your looking at a Bowtech for your next bow,then go for it.Personally I think everyone is reading into it way to much.Someone see's a scratch on their limb,gets all paranoid and thinks its a crack.
I have owned a couple of Bowtechs now myself and have yet to have any problems with them.Same goes for anyone around my area with Bowtechs,only 1 dealer in my area,and 0 returns for cracked limbs,or anything for that matter.
Remember,more then half the people on this forum shoot bowtechs,check out other forums and you'll see a following on other name brands.
From what I can gather,almost all the cracked limbs are from the 04 era,and have something to do with the limb pockets.
I have an 04 Patriot sc,and no problems what-so-ever.
All companies will have their problems,and get it fixed.
I'm on the forums a quite a bit and yet to hear any problems at all about the 05 models.Give them a serious look.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am certainly not going to deny that their have been some Bowtechs that wound up having limb problems. But I have not had any myself and the only Bowtech dealer in my area happens to be the largest dealer in the state and they have not had any bows brought in with cracked limbs either so I wouldn't let the potential for limb problems stop me from purchasing the bow that I liked the best. All manufacturere will have quality issues at some point in time. It's just a part of manufacturing.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 PM

Thanks guys. I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Its still going to be a little while before I can afford (and convience my Finance Manager) to get one but at least I now I can buy with confidence.

Mike
Old 05-23-2005, 02:41 PM

I don't shoot a BT so I can't speak personally but every thread I read ends with a happy or semi happy ending. I've read enough post to know of there is an issue BT will work to remedy the issue. If you've shot a BT and it feels good to you then that's the bow to by. All maunfacters will have an issue or issues from time to time. How they respond to the customers concerns marks the diffrence between a good and bad compant IMO.