Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What rest????

Old 05-06-2005, 06:52 PM

Default What rest????

I have a WB that came on my bow when i got it. I think every archery place I go curse at me for having it on there. I got the WB for free so i think im gonna get another rest. What do you guys think? Fall away? Just some opinions.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What rest????

I have one but haven't hunted yet with it. If you haven't already tried it you will find its a very handy and reliable rest. My nagging concern at this point is the noise it makes so I have not decided if I will use it to hunt with yet. Having said that I'm sure many will respond and say they love and use them successfuly for hunting. I am definitely not ready to give up on them yet myself.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:19 PM

I am also scared of shooting feathers through the WB because the tear they might have on them. Also afraid if it getting wet or freezing up. I was looking at the QAD fall aways. So many decisions...
Old 05-06-2005, 08:46 PM

I fyour interested in trying a new rest. try Trophy Takers shakey hunter drop away. Excellent rest.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:03 PM

I was looking that one too
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 PM

what about trophy ridge?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 PM

hay, if u want a new rest thais great! i will take the wisker bisquit! i have one on my bow now and will never change that! i had a fall away, and it was just that my arrow fell away when i was in the brush!

i could use that wisker!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:38 PM

trophy ridge ??? drop zone has to many problems. after shooting them for awhile. the plastic sleaves inside will stick. not letting rest drop all the way. been an issue for awhile for them.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Fork Horn

Whisker Biscuit all the way!!,,so far i've been quite impressed with mine i have shot through it dozens and dozens of time with no wear to the biscuit or any fletchings, i put a very small bead of JB Weld on the end (front of fletching) just in case there was any tearing of my fletches going through any targets, and you know what i've done this for the past years and haven't really noticed any real changes in accuracy.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not partial to the Whisker bisquit myself .I'll stick to the fall away for me ,I have the Muzzy Zero Effect on my bow and have used the Trophy Taker as well ,I'll never change from the fall away rest ,once they're setup accordingly they'll work flawlessly. Don't worry about breaking part's ,because these fall away's are biult like a tank.

nubo

Quick Reply: What rest????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.