Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What rest????

Old 05-07-2005, 10:06 AM

Default RE: What rest????

zero effect is a good one too. reliable like the trophy taker.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:12 PM

MZE
Old 05-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: djkiller

trophy ridge ??? drop zone has to many problems. after shooting them for awhile. the plastic sleaves inside will stick. not letting rest drop all the way. been an issue for awhile for them.

I'd beg to differ with that statement! The TR Drop Zone is an awesome rest as proven by the hundreds of folks on the many different forums. Check any other forum as well and you'll find a tremndous feedback base of mostly positive results. Sure there have been a few problems BUT I beg you to find ANY rest that doesn't have it share of haters for one reason or another. Now if it is something that is of serious concern that by all means suggest another product but do NOT put down a product while trying to push YOUR own personal favorite rest.

The reasson I feel so strongly about the TR DZ is the fact that I have set-up hundreds of these rest and overall it is handsdown THE best rest for the majority of floks that have tried them. I've never personally seen any one arrow rest that has pleased so many folks. I also do not agree with you wearing out statement about the DZ. I have many, many thousands oof shots on ALL my DZs and have them on ALL my rigs. I have hunted with them in every possible weather condition the Midwest has thrown at it and an entire "off-season" of 3D shoots every weekend yet I have NEVER experienced a problem. IMHO, I beleive that speaks serious volumes for the quality of the product.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:12 PM

I'm just speaking from personal experience. I should have signified the statement better. I have had 2 and had problems w/ internals sticking. also, have 2 friends that shoot ASA w/ me and have had similiar problems. I cant say if was just a bad batch of them made or what. And I'm not saying there junk either. Just what "I" see is what "I" go by. No harm was ment by this statement.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a drop away, that has the same containment as the WB, by all means go out and get an APA Twister Safari. I just put one on a month ago and absolutely love it. Its quiet, very accurate and you can shoot your bow standing on your head.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:42 PM

I'm here to tell ya, if you want an awesome rest, check out the QAD Ultra Rest. I just swtiched from a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone and could not be more pleased. Not a ton of people use it yet, but I think that is about to change. It has full containment, you don't have to worry about your arrow falling off on a let down, it's easy to set- up, has plenty of center shot adjustment, plenty of vane clearance on my set up, Micro-adjustable, Whisper quiet,etc, etc. It honestly gives you the best of all worlds, IMHO.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:31 AM

I'm still waiting to hear from someone who has used the NAP Quicktune360 capture rest.

Anyone??????...........................please?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 PM

I hunt with the whisker bisquit and love it. I can leave the arrow knocked at all times when up in the tree stand and never have to worry about it falling off the rest. I've heard of it freezing up in very cold weather but it's never happened to me.
I'm willing to bet those bow shop guys critisized the WB and offered a new drop away rest to sell you all in the same sentence. Ignore what the bow shop guys say, use what you feel works best for you. The best thing about the WB is that it's extremely simple. Nothing mechanical to break or wear out. My best bow hunting is when I keep things simple and it doesn't get any simpler than the WB.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Rests are like women. If you like it, it dont matter what others think. If it is the only rest you have tried, you might want to try another based on another principle just to see what you might like.

But like I said, if you like it, dont worry about it. I still use an old fliper rest on one of my favorite bows. My other bows have drop aways. I realy like the drop aways. I have a quick tune 4000 (beware if you have a low cable gaurd, they were not designed for low guards, but can be adjusted to work by mounting to the up cable), and a Zerro effects. Love the zerro effects. Drop zone, I hear are awsome.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't really have any input on the rest choices Real but if you don't want the wisker biscuit i would take it or buy it from you. i would really like to get one but i can't afford a new one at the momment. if interested PM me if you would.

Quick Reply: What rest????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.