Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 most accurate fixed broadhead. >

most accurate fixed broadhead.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

most accurate fixed broadhead.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:58 AM

Default RE: most accurate fixed broadhead.

Crimson cut-on-contact Viper Venom....I know alot of people bash their durability but have they tried the cut-on-contact Venoms?...NOT the talons....at ranges from 20-40 they are great , stable and keep alot of their speed . Spin like bastids....very stable....
Old 04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to vote for the Slick Tricks as well, though I haven't tried all of the alternatives. Last summer, I was tuning my bow which had a drop away rest. At first I had the nock point set up exactly level, 90 deg. Field points were grouping well, but Muzzy 100 4 blades (with practice blades) were hitting just a bit high (1-1.5") at 20 and a little over 2" high at 30. Phantom heads hit even higher by 1-1.5". The Slick Tricks were still hitting with field points - at most 1/2
1" high at 30, but I'm not perfect enough to tell exactly. This was with the bow slightly out of tune. I lowered the rest some, and it helped, but to tune the Phantoms, I also had to put one twist in the control cable. After that, all 3 brands of heads flew very well, and grouped spot on with field points out to 40 yards. The point I'm making is that the Slick Tricks shot much better than the others before the bow was tuned really right. I would think they would be more stable and reliable in windy conditions, or if you were shooting much faster than my 265 fps. arrows. They still cut a pretty nice sized hole when they hit. With really sharp blades, they perform very well.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite is the NAP Thunderheads. I have been using this brand for many years with great results.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need to remember guy's it's most important to have a properly tuned bow in order to get good broadhead flight and accuracy ,that's priority and then find the best broadhead that match's your tune . I'm pretty partial to the Montac's 100gr and have found that they shoot the best for me .

nubo
Old 04-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

So far the most accurate fixed blade I've shot are the Wac'em Tritons. Next to that are the Gold Tip Centurions. The Wac'ems are more accurate and have an all steel ferul, but the Centurions are WAY sharper out of the box.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Would have to say Sonic's by American Broadhead, I have also had great results with 100 grain Muzzy 3 blades.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:31 AM

Ahhhh, so many choices, so little time! [:@]
Old 04-24-2005, 06:44 PM

NAP Nitrons are the best shooting broadheads that I've ever used. They group right with my fieldpoints, are tough as nails, and have the sharpest replaceable blades on the market.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have been using mechanicals for the past 6 years. I decided this past year to come back to fixed blades. I chose the Muzzy 4 blade and did have to adjust my pins slightly. My choice was between the Slick Trick & Muzzy 4 blade. I wanted to do a lot of shooting with the broadheads. Muzzy offers practice blades & the Slick Tricks seemed a bit expensive to shoot full broadheads into the target (especially when I am not very good at sharpening). I would love to see Slick Trick to come out with practice blades. The Muzzy 4 blade did shoot exactly like its practice blades, but a bit different from my fieldpoints.