Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs??? >

Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs???

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs???

Old 03-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs???

Anyone have any tunning problems? Has anyone tried shooting fixed broadheads out of one? I'm currently debating selling my Extreme VFT for the Allegiance.....and looking for some feedback. Any opinions are appreciated.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs???

Owning an Allegiance myself, I find this bow to be quite comfortable.
If you scan the previous posts mentioned here on these bows you'll find some more information, which can help.
Of course they're not free of teething problems IMO--nevertheless some minor tweaking does improve its performance.
What I really like about this bow is that it's really 'quiet, smooth, 100% vibration free and can fling an arrow'.
The bare bow weights about 4#-3 oz, the A~A on most is about 33-5/8" (even BowTech specs it @ 33-3/4")--I would like to see a brace of about 7.5"--but now it's @ 7", the draw length can be adjusted exactly to your form, but this will entail changing the cams--(not a problem) and you can also tinker a little with the let-off which is adjustable from 65% - 80%.
Also I find the Mossy Oak Obsession Camo really suits the style of the bow.
Of course with all the great bows out there--selecting a bow is a matter of personal choice. Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Darton, Martin, Jennings, etc, have all developed excellent bows. The selection is wide--finding one the accomadates your budget, comfort and style isn't going to be difficult.
I wish you all the best.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Tunning these new Binary Cam Bowtechs???

thanks ampa. I was at the bow shop today and they didn't have any allegiance's in stock. I'll probably end up keeping my VFT until I hear that paper tunning and shooting fixed broadhead out of the allegiance isn't much of a headache.