Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Unbiased opinions needed >

Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Unbiased opinions needed

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Unbiased opinions needed

Old 03-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, Unbiased opinions needed

I doubt seriously the you will get any unbiased opinions. Everyone that own a bow will be biased towards what they own because , well they own it.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:17 PM

John,

Unfortunately you(and I ) are limited in the bows we can purchase. I also have a 32" draw and like you are limited to certain models and brands. I currently shoot a Mathews Ovation. I also have a Hoyt Protec. Both are excellent bows. My preference is with the Ovation. The bow is very forgiving, has little or no recoil and is a tack driver. I also am looking at the Bowtech Constitution for this season, it also comes in a 32" draw. I just havent found one in that draw length to shoot yet.
If you haven't noticed yet the only bows that are offered in our draw lengths seem to be either the lowest priced model or the highest priced model.
Take your time in selecting the right bow. You will be happier with a longer ATA model with a longer brace height.
You could always learn to shoot instinctive with a compound, you will shorten your draw length by the the way you shoot. Or you can try a recurve (at your draw length don't shoot anything less than 64").

Good luck,

Bmott
Old 03-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

All the advice so far has been great. I beleive that as long as your draw length is so long that a longer ATA would be better suited for you and also one with a longer brace height. Both the Ovation and the Protec are great choices. I would also check out the other companies longer ATA and longer brace height bows. huntersfriend.com can show you the bow comparisons, and you can find all the bows that fit into the longer ATA and also the longer brace height category. Speed should not be an issue with your long draw length so IBO speed would not be at the top of the list for bow choice for me, if I was in your situation. I used to be a big time Mathews fan and can say that they build a great bow. I switched to Hoyt this year and am shooting the Protec( I bought 2). But would not have a problem any day of the week shooting either. I have also shot some of the bowtechs and have seen first hand what everyone talks about when they talk about smoothness. All are great bows. Good luck in your purchase.