Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

tripod stands

Old 03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
dws

Default tripod stands

Anybody have a tripod? Do you like it or not and what's a decent one to buy? I never thought I would need one but now I've found some spots that I think would be perfect for one.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tripod stands

As you can imagine here in Texas good trees are hard to find in most places we hunt so we use tri pods a lot. I think they are great. They are way more comfortable than any tree stand that I have ever used. They are still very portable to as long as you restrice the height to 10' maybe 12' at the maximum. You just need to find a way to brush it in to help conceal your movements.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:18 AM

AS MIKE FROM TEXAS stated we use them alot in Texas, they work great,
fairly inexpensive and fairly mobile. If you purchase one a good rule of thumb to go by, if they dont use braces between the legs they are too short. We put them together and then litterally run them into the middle of a large tree, then we climb into them with nipperes and cut a whole for shooting lanes. besure you just trim enough so that you are covered from your knees down,
Old 03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found the tripod really good in un-harvested corn fields. Brush it in with corn stalks, and enjoy the view from a swivel seat. Works well for this type of set-up.