Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Finally shot my Reflex

Old 03-03-2005, 12:22 PM

Default RE: Finally shot my Reflex

Alright thanks guys
Old 03-05-2005, 09:48 AM

im with icedragon my bow is around 10 years old. im thinkin about a new one and it was either hoyt or grizzle i shot the buckskin last night and it was kinda loud. is the grizzly loud?
Old 03-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot mine beside Nubo's Bow tech Patriot so it did sound louder than his but I would expect a bow that costs almost 3 times more to perform better. All I can say is try one if you can, very easy drawing and smooth for the money. They are made by Hoyt and in fact have the same Cam and 1/2 as many Hoyt models. The Grizz also has sealed bearings also. The biggest difference is mine has a magnesium riser as opposed to a machined aluminum one and my limbs are not laminated. Its still rated at 305 IBO. I like mine and plan on killing a bear with it in September.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:25 PM

THe Grizzly is $400 at BPS and $300 on the internet, what gives?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

THe Grizzly is $400 at BPS and $300 on the internet, what gives?
I paid $389.00 at Basspro in Toronto Ontario. Thats Canadian pricing by the way. It came with a quicktune 1000 rest, 3 pin fiberoptic site, and a 2 pc Reflex quiver. That was a sale price. It is now $389.00 without accessories. Shop around, looks like there are lots of deals around.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:36 PM

terry i shot the grizzly today and i love it too
Old 03-07-2005, 08:44 AM

I shot the Grizzly yesterday, it was a great shooting bow but man o man is it heavy
Old 03-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Grizzly yesterday, it was a great shooting bow but man o man is it heavy
I agree. Thats where the magnesium riser shows its downfall.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whether the riser is magnesium or not I was pretty impressed withTerry's new bow ,for the price of it it work's as well as any in the market ,it's pretty quiet,draw's very smoothly and I was surprised that it felt like I was pulling alot less weight than I actually was ,it also felt very nice in the hand .I'm impressed with Terry's bow and would reccomend it to anyone getting into archery or hunting .Terry has some very nice touch's on his bow ,he's added a Impact Archery Cosmic sight which is second to none for hunting and he's also added a stealth 6" Stabilizer which also is second to none ,with some new arrow's and maybe ,just maybe i can talk him into a drop away rest he''l have an excellent bow ,not that it isn't now but it definetly will be better ,oh yea I forgot we might even put some new string's and cable's on it .Wow this bow will be awsome then .

nubo
Old 03-07-2005, 05:18 PM

do you know how fast it is shooting? and what gr. arrow are you useing.

good luck with you bear hunt

Quick Reply: Finally shot my Reflex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.