Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ratchet Straps

Old 02-23-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Ratchet Straps

I'm leaning toward the gorilla silverback magnum. It is small and light but has a large platform. Don't really like the "claw" straps, would rather have ratchet straps. Know of anywhere that I can get replacement ratchet straps for this treestand??
Old 02-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ratchet Straps

Bass pro or Cabelas would have them on mail order. I know my local Basspro stocks them.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:40 PM

I know I am suggesting the great satan but I got camo ratchet straps at Walmart.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

watch Ebay
Old 02-24-2005, 09:06 PM
pah

Gorilla has them on their website, I hung a silverback once with a ratchet strap that has the open hooks and it was a real pain, the hooks kept falling off the stand. Since then I just use the strap that came with it and use a ratchet strap on the platform. I know a few people who complained about the aluminum grate squeaking on these stands, I have 2 silverback lites and hav'nt had a problem.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Hey pah,

Do you reccomend that I leave the original strap in the original location, and then get the ratchet straps to strap to the platform? That sounds like a good plan. You don't think the ratchet straps that gorilla sells will work to place the original straps on the silverback magnum?

Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-25-2005, 02:32 PM
pah

Yes, leave the straps in the original location and add a ratchet strap to the platform, it eliminates any chance in the platform shifting when you step onto it. Gorilla's ratchet straps have the same style of hooks as the strap that comes with the stand so they can be used inplace of the original. The only problem that I have had using their strap has been getting it to break loose to take down or move the stand.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a API that I use 2 straps to hang it. I use the one that comes with it and a endless ratchet strap. I like the endless because there are no hooks! When done I just put the extra strap around my stand and Sticks and its always with it! Plus it keeps my stand quiet when backpacking it in or out.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

pah
I am glad to see I wasnt the only one having trouble opening up the straps. I thought it was just me. I had to take the treestand apart while it was still around the tree. That was the only way I could get it down! []
Old 02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bullmoose38, to remove the Gorilla stands I've found a system that works great for me.
First, while standing on the ladder, pegs--whatever is used to get up to the tree stand--"with your safety harness secured", 'lift' the seat towards the tree, then lift the platform towards the seat. You can tie them both with a bungee.
This reduce some of the tension on the strap.
Now there's a loop attached to the buckle you're supposed to pull on to get the belt to slide loose--well that is when the 'pain' starts.

DON'T pull on that loop just yet--just feed the remaining strap (excess) back thru the buckle. In other words--when you tightening the strap you 'pull' on the excess strap after it passes the buckle--well the same excess strap--try pushing it 'backwards'--, just a 'little', this little movement backwards WILLenable the strap to relax--then pull free, using the loop tied behind the buckle. This really works and save lots of 'agro'.
As for the Silverback platform--I've found mine to bend and warp much easier compared to the steel Gorilla platforms--the reason why I've gone to the all steel platforms.

Quick Reply: Ratchet Straps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.