Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

yes or no ?

Old 02-20-2005, 05:07 AM
dws

Default yes or no ?

Yesterday I ran across a bow at a little hole in the wall shop. It's a leftover 2003 Bowtech Stalker that was on display and never sold. I shot it and really like it. It has a quiver, deluxe whisker bisket, PSE F-18 sight and the hush kit for $450. Anybody remember what these sold for in 2003? What model replaced these? Was there a problem with this model? The only thing that really bothers me is the fact it has been on display for 2 years. Who knows how many people he told to take it out back and shoot all they wanted like he told me.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: yes or no ?

I think the bow is fine but the $ is too high IMO. If it were me, I'd not pay over $350.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do a search and see what people had to say about it. If people got all mushy over it try and buy it for less. If they didn't don't give more than 200. Chances are it didn't generate a cult like following so don't give much. Just keep stopping in every once and awhile and offer to buy it. Took me 2 years this way once, but it happened.

As long as the cultist continue to sway the minions, they'll be another just around the corner so don't worry about not getting this one.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree the price is way too high ,but the bow is a good bow .I'd try to get the price down to about 300.00 top's with all the accressories .That's why the bow is still sitting there they want too much for it.

nubo
Old 02-20-2005, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

Way too much $ for an '03...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:07 AM

I'd shoot for $300.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:04 PM
dws

Thanks ror the input guys. I thought it was a little high also, so I kept looking and found 2 bows I like better. One is the Diamond Rapture, it was sweet but I tried a Reflex Buckskin with the new slam and 1/2 cams and I think they made that one especially for me. I'll be picking it up on tuesday.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:25 PM

Congratulations. Glad to know there will be another Buckskin shooter in Ohio.