Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadheads

Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Broadheads

I am trying to find some broadheads for my new bow. I shoot 32" draw, 60#, Carbon Express Terminator arrows. I was looking at the new NAP crossfires and nitrons but the F-3 from Cabelas also caught my eye. I am looking for something in 100 grain, and I am more concerned with keeping my shot accurate instead of worrying with cutting diameter etc. What would you guys reccommend?
Old 02-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads

NAP Thunderheads in 100gr. are excellent.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

What do you plan to hunt with it?
I plan on hunting mainly elk,so I went with steel force 100 gr terminators.If you are just hunting deer and antelope,look at a expandeble head.
I would also like to say muzzy makes a good broadhead.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:24 PM

NAPs and muzzy..... can't go wrong.....never have, never will
Old 02-07-2005, 11:39 PM

Wasp broadheads like the 100 gr. Hammer SST 3 blade is my choice. Fly great,
scary sharp, and are very accurate.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM

I've killed elk with both the thunderhead 125's and the rocket steelhead mechanicals...One thing is for sure..I'm sticking to a fixed blade head just for my peac of mind..
Old 02-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

G5 Montec
Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

I'v always used thunderheads & they work real well IMO. This year I took a deer with a Cabellas mini lazer pro 100 grain & it worked just like the thunderheads. In other words it zipped thru & the deer died.

I also used a Rocket steel head 100 on the last deer of the season & it worked but not as good as I think a fixed blade would have. It wasn't the ideal shot so I'm not going to say I dont like them, I'll certainly wait I think for a closer to broadside shot than what I took, but like I said I got the deer.

I bought some of those Cabellas F-3 100 grain heads you mentioned as well & they fly great for me, right with field points. They came with a broadhead wrench with Rocket stamped on it so I guess Rocket makes them. Havent used them hunting yet but plan to try using them as my primary head in the fall.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Let me recomend the Sonic Broadhead by American Broadhead Company!! They are unbelievable! They fly exatly like field points and penetrate like crazy! I saw a video they use to promote it and it showed in slow motion a 100 grain Broadhead go through a black bear and then pass through both side of the bait barrel!! But more importantly it is dead accurate! I have personally shot them and they are awesome. I am like you I would rather shoot a broadhead that fly where I want it to and have a smaller cutting diameter than one that flies everywhere with 2 inches of cutting diameter!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:05 PM

Wasp Boss Bullet. Flies great, even at speeds over 300fps.

Quick Reply: Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.