Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

AR-34

Old 01-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default AR-34

As you all know I have been pondering what bow I want to get this year. I have thought about Whisper Creek but they sent me their 2005 catalog with prices and specs in the mail and I have to say that I was much more impressed with the bows on their web site than I am the ones in their new catalog. Their speeds have gone WAY down and it looks like they are using three cams. The Darton CPS, Hoyt cam & 1/2, and Mathews HP cam. You would think that with all the engineering that they have put into the bow they could have designed their own cam system. Not what I was expecting with all the talk about them. Oh well, I don't think I'm gonna travel the 6 hours to shoot one.

The others I am considering are the AR 34 and the Alpine Denali. While I have yet to shoot the Alpine I did get to shoot the AR today. The PSE rep came by the shop to get orders for this year and he just happend to have all of PSE's top of the line bows and the AR 34's.

To say that the AR34 shot nice would be a gross under statement. The grip felt perfect in my hand and the bow ballanced equally well. The bow had nothing but a stabilizer attached to it with no string silencers, or any other dampening products of any kind on the bow. The bow had absolutely no vibration at all at the shot and absolutely no hand shock. It just sat there in my hand at the shot. If the arrow hadn't impacted the target I might not have known I had shot the bow. Other than the string obviously twanging after the arrow left the bow there was no other noise made. It just sounded like a dull thud.

I must admit that I had my doubts about this bow but after shooting it today they have completely vanished. This is one sweet shooting machine. Both the Ram & 1/2 and the Ram plus single cam. The Ram & 1/2 did seem to be just a tad smoother than the ram plus single cam but both were exceptional.

The Blade colors look very cool too.

We deal in Hoyt and Mathews both and I have to say that the AR was much smoother, quieter and had less hand shock than both H & M.

If any one is considering a new bow this one should be on the top of your list of bows to try.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AR-34

I had an '03 AR 34 Ram Cam. I was very happy with it. I just changed over to an '04 Hoyt Vipertec and like it more. But, the AR is a very good bow. Fast, Quiet, & Forgiving. Definately a must look at when in the bow buying market.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:34 AM

i have the ar34 cam and a half. i luv this bow. great grip, no vibration. if u get this bow i recommend dont even shoot it til u replace the strings and cables. that factory string sucks! i put prostrings on mine for like 71 dollars i think it was. www.prostring.com is the website. after bout 4 months of shooting my bow got out of tune due to the factory string stretching. all strings stretch over time which is expected but mine was ridiculous, i forgot the exact increment it was but it was plenty of enough to throw the timing off. but i highly recommend replacing that string if u buy one. but like i said i have one and luv it. u can see below in my signature what ive got on mine. my buddys have a reflex and bowtech patriot, and there's have more vibration than mine and the bowtech doesnt have much vibration to speak of but shoots a lot faster than mine so thats why. but its no speed demon so if ur looking for that id try bowtech, but i highly recommend this bow to anyone.
youd make a gret choice and since youve already shot it i believe u posted, u know out the zero vibration and the grip. but go with what ya like.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:02 AM
C.K

I think they are a great bow and have 3 of them in the different sizes the 31 ram &1/2 31 single cam and the 37 single cam I also had the 34 single cam but traded it in on the ram & 1/2 and find the accuracy great on all of them and really quiet especially the 37 my friend and I went to the range he was 15 feet away and did not know i shot till the arrow hit the target now he wants one too