Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

pedulum or fixed pin

Old 01-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Default pedulum or fixed pin

i am wondering what most people are using for hunting out of a treestand. i tried the fixed pin and missed a few deer i know its not all the sights but i recently got a pendulum and seem to be more accurate out of the tree. please tell me what you people use.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:32 PM

Default RE: pedulum or fixed pin

I use a fixed pin...never had trouble hitting a target out of a treestand.

Perhaps a little more practice from in the treestand will help.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was wondering this myself a while back and decided to try a pendulum sight. I quickly went back to a fixed three pin sight. The pendulum sight was noisy and judging distance is bad enough with out having to judge how much to hold over the spot you want to hit. I sighted in at 25 yards and did not find that I would hit dead on out to 30 yards. My arrow still droped a few inches just like it did on the ground.

I just didn't see the point.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM

thank you, i will give it a try this season
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 PM

I was wondering. How come on the pendulum sight it can't come with more than one pin. I realize that you would only use the one pin from the treestand. But then if you had more than one pin. When you locked it in couldn't it work like a regular sight from the ground? Or am I in a fantasy world here? Just not sure how that would work.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:30 PM

I changed to a penulum about 6 years ago for tree stand hunting and have never looked back. The new pedulums are quite and accurate and most have a lock down feature. I use the Cobra view master extreme and couldn't be happier with it. I do have an older Cobra that has 2 pins it. Never understood why since it didn't lock down and from a tree you only need one pin. That was old Cobra view master. The new one blow it away.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:44 PM

I use a savage pendulem sight works really well
Old 01-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

With proper form there is no difference in point-of-impact with either. 20 yards is 20 yards. 30 yards is 30 yards.

Simplify your setup and shoot a single fixed pin for hunting. Or, if you want to try like I do, then buy an adjustable sight for 3D and target and when hunting season comes around then set it for a fixed distance, say 20 yards, and leave it alone. Shoot to about 27 yards with a mid chest hold. BEND AT THE WAIST.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with BGfisher "Bend at the Waist", DO NOT JUST DROP YOUR BOW ARM, you will miss more times than you care to mention. If possible practice from a treestand to simulate actual hunting conditions. Not every shot will be at 20 yrds directly in front of you. Besides it's a nice change of pace from shooting on flat ground all the time. So my choice is a fixed pin.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]