Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 you ever have a hard time deciding on a Bow >

you ever have a hard time deciding on a Bow

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

you ever have a hard time deciding on a Bow

Old 01-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default you ever have a hard time deciding on a Bow

ive been looking into getting a new bow for over two years and put the vtec in layaway today, but it was a rough decision. I am glad i got the hoyt, but i also liked the switchback and LX i shot.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Default RE: you ever have a hard time deciding on a Bow

Every year I have to talk myself out of buying one. I love new toys and tinkering! Shoot as many as you can and go with the one that feels most comfortable to YOU, not what everyone else says you should shoot.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the same issue everytime i buy a new bow ,there alway's seem's to be 2 or 3 bow's that I get stuck on .You need to take the top 3 or 4 model's and shoot them consistantly side by side to get a better feel for them .After shooting them this way it'll make it easier for you to make your decission .Congrat's on your new Hoyt I'm sure you'll really like it ,they're a great bow .

nubo
Old 01-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Went through the same dilema myself recently. Checked out many bows, but ended up getting the '05 Hoyt Vipertec. I wanted to like the Bowtechs so much cause of their speed, quality, etc., but they just felt too top-heavy for me. There are so many good bows (mfrs) out there that it really does come down to how it feels in your hands and what you're comfortable with.

Congrats on your new bow!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM

just purchased a new parker medallion i really like the speed and quiteness
Old 02-02-2005, 08:28 PM

There are so many good bows out there these days its hard to go wrong. It's like the other gentleman said it's all about what feels right to you. When you start talking Hoyt,Mathew,Bowtech,or Parker you are talking about all high end bows that are all great. I mean for goodness sake I started killing deer with a Bear Whitetail II so I think anything you decide is fine.

28''BowTech Allegiance
70#
353 grain arrrow
305fps
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had a hard time, but I have made a few bad decisions. I shoot Hoyt without any reservations. I have owned Oregon, Ben Pearson, Jenning's, Clearwater, Knickerbocker and Mathews. Many of these manufacturers are no longer in business. Lifetime warranty doesn't do much good if the manufacturer is gone. Hoyt is still the leader in innovation and service.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same prob,I looked at so,so many and just getting back into bow hunting,there are so many good ones.My choice came between the Hoyt Ultra Tec and the Mathews SB.I just got the Mathews today,my wife will be bringing it home with her after work.