Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 apa twister fall away rest >

apa twister fall away rest

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

apa twister fall away rest

Old 01-18-2005, 05:45 PM

Default apa twister fall away rest

I was wondering what people thought of this rest, it looks like a very good hunting rest. I have not seen any in person and was wanting to hear what people thought.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: apa twister fall away rest

ash,
I picked up the first version of this rest last February after the ATA show as I was impressed with it on some of our demo bows.......it did not disappoint.
I have literally thousands of shots thru mine, used it for the entire abusive all weather hunting season and it worked flawlessly.
I have said it many times over the last year, why this thing isn't the MOST popular hunting drop away rest is beyond me?
It has TRUE full containment peace of mind and the attributes of the best drop away rests on the market.
It's dead silent, very adjustable and this year's version is improved over last year's initial model. The "cage" is a little larger and much beefier, and the "Safari" model uses custom Slick Tubes on the launchers, the tuning and set up has been refined and the mounting bracket styled a little better.
I still have my original one on my Bowtech Liberty and a brand new Twister "Safari" in the package awaiting my new Allegiance. They have a side loading "SL" model but the arrow loading never bothered me anyway so I chose the Safari model with the slick tubes.
It's as accurate as any rest I've ever used, in fact I'm shooting mine for my 3D league by default as my target bow has not arrived yet and I'm shooting double digit points up on most shoots with my Liberty hunting set-up.

It's simply an awesome rest.
I don't work for APA or anything, I am just impressed with it enough to sort of be it's ambassedor.

To me it's the closest thing to the perfect hunting rest as you can get. I have previously used Muzzy Zero Effect, Trophy Taker reg and Shakey hunter, NAP quiktune drop aways and a Trophy ridge Drop Zone, and I like this one the best.

After shooting the Twsiter I couldn't imagine shooting an open style drop away rest for hunting ever again.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:16 PM

I have to agrre withthe ultimate hunting rest, total containment and a fall away. Can you use helical fletching?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ash,
Yes you can use any fletching combo you choose, there's enough room to fit.
I was shooting a 5" vaned full helical Gold Tip through my original one last night just to check something on my bow and works perfectly. The new cage is even a touch bigger so fletch size isn't an issue, there is no contact or anything to go around. The arrow just flies dead through the center of the rest.
I just love the aspect of draw and shoot, even with the Muzzy Zero Effect I still would glance down at the rest to make sure that the arrow was in position, with the Twister it's a non-issue.......if the arrow isn't in position when you draw then it fell off onto the ground without you noticing.
With the Torphy takers and such I was paranoid about the arrow being picked up. They are solid rests but not my style in a treestand.
You never have to take your eyes off your target.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:28 PM

awesome,thanks matt
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I can't say I am as impressed with it as Matt, I will say that the rest works very well. It's quiet and easy to tune. Setup is simple and it offers full containment with good vane clearance. I tested last years model and it worked nicely with 4" vanes or feathers. The 5" fletch was a bit big to get complete clearance without a lot of playing with nock positiion. If you like the idea of a full capture rest and a drop away I would recomend it without hesitation.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:50 AM

Mine has preformed flawlessly with thousands of shots through it. This year however, I am going with the MZE just for something different.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:32 PM

I use the APA Twister and think it is an awesome rest. I have never had any trouble.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you put hush tubes or felt on this arrow rest?

Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 PM

With the SL version I would reccommend putting the fleece on that is supplied with the rest. I don't think it could get any quietter.

Quick Reply: apa twister fall away rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.